Can i mine with my laptop?

acer aspire 4750g, i was just wondering if i can mine with my laptop coz i dont use it anymore. ^^

Negative, mining is too demanding. Your laptop will overheat so fast your head will spin.

Yeah, it is possible if you have a good card and good laptop cooling but with that no.

I'm mining with my HP DV6 right now, temps after approx. 20minutes of mining are 68c, and this laptop Idles around 55-60. While gaming it may go up towards 80c depending on the game and the room temp.

Edit: I'm running in energy saver mode while mining though, just to be on the safe side.

To be on the safe side, if you want to sacrifice your notebook, go ahead.

Mined for 4 hours straight, temp was stable at 68c the whole time, so I don't really see the "sacrifice" that I am supposedly making.

You can, but it won't crank out anything substantial unless you have a hefty gaming notebook. You may also have some concerns with heat. Either way, do so at the risk of your laptop, but it could mine.

Destroyed, it doesnt matter what you do if the temps are within acceptable levels. You aren't sacrificing anything.

unless you mean hooking up an asic to it i'd say it's too unprofitable to bother.

very true! I mined on my laptop cpu for a while, stayed at an even 80-85..... acceptable for me.... I just stopped cause I found that I made next to nothing in buttcoins

butt … Lol

5 year old topic, necro.