Can i get windows 7 from my laptop to my PC

Hey Guys.

I had the idea of transfering windows 7 from my laptop to my new PC and then installing Linux on the Laptop. Now is that possible? cause that would save some money i could invest in parts

If you have the license, you can just copy the laptop drive/partition table/etc. to your desktop drive, wipe the laptop drive, and install a distro with a live disk.

Windows was already installed on the laptop so i dont have any CD or something. Do i just select everything on the Laptop Drive and Copy it to an external on my PC???

No, you find the windows key on the back of the laptop if it's there, use that when installing using a disk burned from the net (or on a flash drive). Digital river has legit windows downloads. All you do is install normally but activate using the laptop's window's propietary key after uninstalling windows on that laptop.

If you don't have the key, there are some shadier ways to find the key used, and still use it, but I have no idea of how to help with that.

Lol thanks. Now i can play Black ops <3

Gross.

lol :-)

Why don't you like black ops? Are you racist?

Idiots playing with their "gayuhming pee ceas" that insult you rampantly, lack of decent gameplay, terrible graphics, and overall, not enjoyable content.

Really? Then what are the sales numbers speaking about terrible graphics and subpar gameplay, and being an unenjoyable experience?

Just because lots of people like it doesn't mean it's worth it. Look at Apple.

It is worth it for the people who think it's worth it. You can't do much as a consumer to redirrect sales like that, except word of mouth and proper arguments, which I hoped to extract from you after hearing this tad bit of fanboyism come out of you :P.

If they like it, what's it to you if they do and you don't? Tolerance will bring us one step closer to real peace.

Got a good chuckle out of this thread.