Can I get a "Go / No Go" on compatibility with my first Gaming PC build?

• Motherboard: AsRock 970 Extreme 4
  • CPU: AMD FX 4300 Vishera 3.8GHz Quad core
  • Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC (superclocked)
  • RAM: Ballistix Sport 8GB (2X4GB) 1600mhz
  • Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 
  • Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W
  • Memory: 500GB 7200RPM 6Gb/s drive

This is my first time.... so be gentle.

also I have an old pc with an optical drive, can I salvage it? I think it uses the older style of conector (ide maybe) not exactly sure, with I be able to use it with the 970 extreme 4?

Thank you fellow tekers, may the neckbeards protect you. 

Bleh, it was nice and aligned when I wrote it out now its a jumbled mess
there, fixed it. lol 

Compatibiliity looks good to me.

Not to spend your money for you, but I would really recommend you spend the extra $10 or so and get the FX 6300 it is a much better value for gaming or other tasks, the FX-4300 isn't really any faster than the A10-5800k or the Athlon II X4 750k.

You can't use the optical drive with IDE, since this motherboard doesn't have IDE connectors anymore. So buy a cheap and cheerful Lite-on iHAS 124-04 or something for 16 bucks. Apart from that, it's a pretty nice build.

Oh, for the optical drive does it have a ribbon cable? If so, it doesn't look like that motherboard supports that.

Thanks you guys, sets my mind at ease, you all rock! probably will get the 6 core then, for 10-20 dollars more hell yeah!

Whats your budget, if I can ask.

I don't know of any better graphics cards than that 650TI in that pricerange but higher up 7850/7870's are king.

How much are you spending?

can't use that optical drive. if i was building sub 500 that is the build i would buy.