Can anyone get RAGE to work?

I've tried catalyst 11.9, 11.10 preview, and the Rage hotfix. I've also tried all the different game tweaks, but STILL get low FPS (in the 20s), lots of stutter, no crossfire support, AND texture popin. This is ridiculous. Completely unplayable, and I did buy the game so it's not just the fault of a pirated copy. Has anyone else managed to get it working?

i have ATI too. i cant get it to work either. its too unplayable and the texture pop in is a joke. i just gave up and uninstalled. never been more dissapointed with any game ever. I expected better from iD, especially because they started on PC.

did you try overclocking a little bit?

try this, it worked for me

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/how-to-unlock-rages-high-resolution-textures-with-a-few-simple-tweaks

make the config file where it makes the 8k res textures

for the texture pop-ins

don't know about low fps

skullabyss said:

did you try overclocking a little bit?

Ummm, I've got two HD 6950s. I certainly don't need to overclock.

Skawty said:

try this, it worked for me

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/how-to-unlock-rages-high-resolution-textures-with-a-few-simple-tweaks

make the config file where it makes the 8k res textures

for the texture pop-ins

don't know about low fps

Thanks for that, but I've got the 1GB versions of 6950s :(

I'm not sure if that was just for Nvidia, but I may as well give it a try.

Lol have you Google'd "AMD patch RAGE" ?

Boov said:

Ummm, I've got two HD 6950s. I certainly don't need to overclock.

Thanks for that, but I've got the 1GB versions of 6950s :(

I'm not sure if that was just for Nvidia, but I may as well give it a try.

it should work besides the commands -- vt_cuda_blahblahblah and vt_maxPPF

but the latest patch adds an advanced graphics settings menu that should eliminate the need to make a custom .cfg file, and the next patch is supposed to fix the texture popping.

And srsly....you did get the rage performance driver right?

and what do you mean no CFX support?? CFX is controlled by the driver so it should work with any application

wooly4 said:

and what do you mean no CFX support?? CFX is controlled by the driver so it should work with any application

I've tried those commands, but still get low FPS. Yes I've tried the Rage performance driver (no luck), and the game refuses to use crossfire for some reason.

AMD have released a new 11.10 version 3 driver which I will try next.

Boov said:

I've tried those commands, but still get low FPS. Yes I've tried the Rage performance driver (no luck), and the game refuses to use crossfire for some reason.

AMD have released a new 11.10 version 3 driver which I will try next.

its weird for my sli too, 90% usage on GPU 1

0% on gpu 2

Finally found a way to make it playable. So simple, disable crossfire! I'm now getting a solid 60FPS, no stutter or texture popin. Guess I'll need to wait for a crossfire profile.

crossfire and sli should be in the top things in the compatibility testing stage in my opinion