Camera for vlogging and instructional videos

Can anyone recommend a video camera for youtube vlogging and instructional videos? Camera needs to support recording at 1080p and support an external mic. My budget is $200 - $300.

And it can't be a webcam?

Portability is also a must. So a web cam wouldnt be a good choice for me.

What kind of external microphone?

I have absolutely no clue. I don't know anything about video cameras.

Will a quick google search gives me this with a big hulking shotgun microphone on top

http://www.focuscamera.com/canon-eos-m3-mirrorless-camera-video-creator-kit-with-18-55mm-lens-black.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQiAqdLDBRDD-b2sv6-i6MsBEiQAkT3wAsRojxPZXReGoAJzcq3km80v5rcZS7Vz4Ek3nlgPflkaApt28P8HAQ

I continued to search google and I'm finding out how quickly this hobby can add up. My budget is 200 to 300. I can hold off on purchasing camera acessaries if need be.

Honestly if you have an iPhone SE or something that'll do fine. Or a phone that is capable of 4k at least. Take it down from 4k to 1080 or 720 and roll that.

What's your phone?

I have a Samsung Note 4.

probably just figure out an external microphone solution then

Sounds like my phone could do the job just fine. One thought comes to mind.... lets say I vlog for about 30 mins to an hour (realistically 20 mins), will having my screen on for a long period of time cause any harm to my phone in the long run? I was planning on keeping my phone plugged in during recording to not kill my battery. I noticed my phone gets fairly warm when plugged in and browsing the web for a long period of time.

Try a used Sony A3000 They take great pictures, video and has incredible face recognition, plus the screen flips up so you can see it from the front. It is a mirrorless camera so it will like to eat batteries but they are cheap on Amazon, plus with a after market adapter you can use any manufactures lenses with it. If the budget allows you can step up to an A5000 which does video on par with a Cannon MKII

I got the Nikon COOLPIX P7800. Its $420 new but you can get it used for ~$280. Very solid.