Camera app that improves phone camera quality?

I have a Motorola Droid Maxx, it has a decent camera, it's 10 megapixel. I'm not expecting miracles I just wonder if there's anything out there that could improve the quality of photos taken specifically contrast, as I will soon be documenting a build for OCN and Tek Syndicate and my phone camera is all I've got to work with. Worst case scenario I guess I can use photoshop to enhance the pictures.

I don't know if it will work on your phone but I use on my Droid Turbo this app 

motorola camera v3.3.20.8

It's alot more functional and has more control over the pictures than the stock motorola camera. Hope this helps!

Can you give more information on your contrast problems, too much, too flat? Also what are the lighting conditions you're working with? Might be able to give you a few tips how to position/light your build for better images.

There is nothing that you can do to improve the sensor, but work with a better editing app. Also maybe you are looking for a better camera app that can compliment YOUR lifestyle.

The Google Camera app works wonders. 

The application can only do so much.
As they are saying above. Lighting is key.
Sadly with a phone, your FOV is going to be poor.
Some of the camera's while recording video on the phones will not auto focus either.

Luckily my note 4 does, but my note 2 did not.  

I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure Logan recommended Camera FV-5 once: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flavionet.android.camera.pro