Call for assistance - FortiMail 100C router-build

Hey - almost felt like I was writing a contact ad…
But, I’ve got a few Forti* things lying around.

My problem - I can’t get any spec-cheats for the FortiMail 100C - it feels like a special gigabyte-board - but a few specialities…

Sidenote - the big brother 400D was a gigabyte (or MSI…) board, with firmware straight on a USB2 header - easy to toy with - remove it and you had a solid board with 4x gig nics.

This one, not so much…
By simple moronic deduction, it might be a MSI-board this… But I am not familiar with how to interact with the SOC’s and… I am lost.

Edit - missed the goal of this…

So in short ,this board has 3 build in nics - I would like to turn this into a router…
Meaning , I need to be able to boot from media. Yes - it does have SATA, and it does have USB - but it is still locked to forti-firmware. It was easier as mentioned below with another fortimail ( … ) . Since I do not understand the layout of the board, I am interested in any kind of help I could get.

So, first question - anyone with connections with forti/ gigabyte?

Second - anyone with experience on poking intel SOC setups and if there’s a bios to be had or of a firmware flash is needed?

Thirdly - more pics coming as soon as I can upload more easily - will be in thread.