California is making so much solar energy the rest of the country looks like a joke

Those things have a lot of fucking amps
Even a couple of them will bite your ass something fierce

This video is a whopping 4 solar panels

And the switching gear for their service and maintenance can not turn them off the grid ? Do they only do that at night ?

I cannot imagine disconnecting the panels is a problem. Some background: The power grid is running at 60Hz. Whenever a power plant is fired up and connected to the grid the plant's operator has to ensure the generator is also running at 60Hz. (Failure to do so results in awesome electrical explosions.)
The way this is done is by starting the generator while disconnected, bringing it up to speed (and phase) and only then connecting the plant with the grid. (The grid then automatically ensures the generator continues to run at the same frequency, look up "synchronouse motor" for details.) The current/wattage here is obviously far, far greater than in any solar power plant (think nuclear reactor) so there have to be switches that can connect/disconnect these levels of power.

I'm wondering whether there's not some other - possibly political - issue here.

it's 2017 now.

When a getto crew string what was it 24 panels in SERIAL it make 600 odd volts how can you take them seriously ?

Australia and I guess california have solar power on the house roofs and are not burning alive.

I don't quite understand you?
[current year] isn't a good argument but I'm not sure if that's what you meant

Even a broken clock is right twice a day! :stuck_out_tongue:

But you SEP are broken only once with your post :frowning:

That sucks

Well then show me where I am wrong?
I'm always open to being challenged, but I talk in facts and statistics, not how a person is feeling that day. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Also, statistics can be used deceptively so if you use a crap statistic I'll call it crap)

Never my intent for wrong....Only solar will work

1 Like

I'm not saying it won't
I'm saying it's not working right now

the technology is still fairly young, in reference to history

1 Like

Man I could agrue....but come on look at other countries....even china has massive solar.

Just because someone has solar doesn't mean it's working for them. I'm referring to the larger picture here.

I don't care if a nation is fully powered by solar if they destroyed their economy in doing so. This is the main issue in my argument, it's that solar is making us pay other people to take our energy, that is not a victory, it would be if we made 100% of what we consume year round, which it doesn't, most of my energy still comes from fossil fuels. Where's the victory there?

Also, China sucks, on all fronts. Pollution, the crap politics, the crap living conditions, the class issues, all of it is garbage.
Not a victory in my book.

There needs to be a balance between advancing towards cleaner energy and not destroying people's quality of life.
Anything different is a joke, pushed by radical morons.

1 Like

Im lazy and wont reasearch shit. china is building more green energy out the ass ther the US or Australia is even doing anything at all....

Correct me if I am wrong.... Im Australian so zero nuke's or we would lose our shit and coal and oil well bring it

Yeah... you guys don't have balance at all lel (for the record nuclear is getting cleaner, so it's not as bad as most say, but that's a different discussion for another thread lol)

The US is doing something, just rather slowly (SOLAR FREAKIN' ROADS!!! doesn't work lol, it's a scam but it showed people were interested)

Caution is the name of the game, also money doesn't grow on trees so budgeting sucks.

But you need to mah dude, how else will you know the truth if you don't look at facts?

Everybody is vying for your mind, they want you in their camp. Do not trust others to tell you how things are, if they are correct, then the facts will reflect that.

I'll stop before this becomes a "break the conditioning" post, also i got class kek.

1 Like

I know but come one look at the numbers we AU or the US are such a small group of people

Yeah, i'm not sure why that matters tho?

Are you referring to how much we're burning in comparison to the amount of people? If so, look at productivity, quality of life, wealth etc and you'll see a pattern, a correlation between pushing to clean energy and these three vectors appears. That's one reason why I keep saying balance, because if it becomes unbalanced, poverty will increase among other really bad things (history shows this, just look at stats from other countries), or on the other side, you'll have Australia, which isn't doing to hot in many ways.
There's no balance man.

tho for real, now I need to go, 1 hour lecture... 4 hour lab, I want to die

Pretty sure California itself is a joke. One big mismanaged mess of a state. Smh

1 Like