Cable modem Norway

Hello world!
My cable ISP are kind of locking down (integrating them into their systems) there new modems so there are no "true bridge mode". New modems: Cisco EPC3928D EuroDocsis 3.0 2-PORT Voice Gateway.
So when I got my connection there were no way to bridge it...
The solution that me and one of their technicians came to: get one of there older modems...
So that's what I got now: Cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis 3.0 2-PORT Voice Gateway.
Bridge mode works great! But the stability could be better...

My ISP is: Infonett Røros
And my line is: HFC 100/20 Mbit/s
The cable net "owner" is: Canal Digital.

My main problem is that I have to restart the modem around once a week to have my streaming services working correctly...
Does anyone know if something like the Arris / Motorola SurfBoard SB6183 would be an improvement for me? Is it compatible with the cable standard we have here?
Or if there is some other modem recommendation?

PS: I know google is your friend, but I came up empty :(

Thanks,
Yngve

Talked to one of the guys that do the installing and cabling. He said that they are using the DOCSIS standard.

Would that be the same that is used in the US?

Found some more info on this modem!
Cisco Model EPC3925

I was wondering if one of the Motorola SURFboard models would be usable here?
Would be good if I could get one with the possibility of bridging and MAC address spoofing.

I imagine they are using DOCSIS 2 or 3, im not sure if theres a difference between DOCSIS and EuroDOCSIS that might be the thing to check. But if it does v2/3 i imagine it would work. Are they expensive?

i suppose that your isp provides you a Eurodocis modem.
The Cisco is docsis 3 or atleast has support for it with the newest firmware.

The EPC3925 is designed to meet EuroPacketCable™
1.5 and EuroDOCSIS 3.0 specifications, as
well as offering backward compatibility for operation in EuroPacketCable 1.0 and EuroDOCSIS 2.0,
1.1, and 1.0 networks.

Looking at what speeds we get here, its probably just the EuroDOCSIS 2 standard that's being used here...

The differences between US DOCSIS and EuroDOCSIS
So yes there are a difference between DOCSIS and EuroDOCSIS :(

I have no idea :P

Full specs on my modem can be found here: Cisco Model EPC3925
Might not be entirely accurate since my ISP might have had the firmware slightly customized...

I´m not fully sure if isp´s putt custom firmwares in Cisco modems.
They do in technicolors and arris modems.
But in Cisco´s i have not seen it yet.

You might be right. I don't remember since the modem is bridged, and I can't seem to be able to get into the GUI to check... :/
I have been looking around. And it seems that atleast the Motorola/Arris SBV6120E SURFboard has EuroDOCSIS 1-3 support.
And the Motorola/Arris SB6141 SURFboard has EuroDOCSIS 3 support.
Would it be reasonable to think that one of these would be more stable then the Cisco modem I have now?
Can I change the HFC MAC address on any of them?
Can they be set up in bridge mode?

Thanks

Your current cisco isnt stable?
I can tel you that the Cisco does support eurodocsis 3.0.

Nope...
Usually not more than a week at a time. Sometimes less...

From the PDF Cisco Model EPC3925

Features
EuroDOCSIS
● Compliant with EuroDOCSIS 3.0, 2.0, 1.1, and 1.0 standards along with EuroPacketCable
specifications to deliver high-end performance and reliability

Adding a fan on top of the modem made things a bit better

Yeah i agree that those particular model Cisco modems do get pretty hot indeed.

Was never so hot to the touch that I would think that it would matter. So I added the fan just to try it out.
I guess that mine would run a bit cooler since WiFi and routing is disabled (bridge mode).
But still...