Buying new SSD,need help

Samsung.

The other SSD's are probably fine hardware. What I like about my Samsung 750 is the Magician software utility that comes with it. I use 2 functions. First is a memory/system accelerator (I forget what it's called). Second that may be important to you because you said you wanted reliability is the choice to emphasise speed or reliability.

I chose reliability because my previous Patriot ssd died. It configures the overprovisioning to reserve a big chunk of the drive, reducing usable capacity, so that that chunk will replace dead cells as the drive wears.

Basically the better Samsung drivers are worth paying a little more for.

1 Like

Your answers lie here:

https://www.pcper.com/subject/storage

1 Like

I have a 480GB (I think) SP series Adata drive I installed in my laptop. No issues. Windows 10 boot time went from 13 seconds to 5 seconds! I will defiantly use Adata stuff in the future.

1 Like

I have found Samsung SSDs personally at least if used on Windows with their Magician Management Software seem to be very good and reliable. Never had an issue with one.

I actually put a 500GB 750 EVO in a PC for my parents recently and has been reliable with no issues so far for a few months now. Very quick as well.

2 Likes

Tom's Hardware did a best SSD's article a few days ago.