Buying a GPU from CANADA

My situation, I live in a small town buying online is my only option. Trying to buy used on kijiji.Craigslist and the other hosts of used sites is hard I live far away from major cities in order to view a working GPU in progress. Also making posts after posts on this subject is tiring too. I'm getting frustrated looking for a decent price,where to buy from .I am in Canada. How much longer should I wait if I buy new. Max is $350.00.

I live in a small town as well. Though I am an hour from a certain major city so I can make the trip to a store. Anyways depending on where you are in Canada I really like using Memory Express for my parts. Good service and selection plus if you order shipping isnt to much. Also they have good sales if you watch.

Hey ! I am also in Canada, more precisely near Sherbrooke, prov of Quebec. I am in the business since 1972. I deal with distributors as well as eBay, and ship almost worldwide = no unstable country.
Buying parts, is sometimes complicated because of price and availability variations. I say grab when you need, after a little investigating. If you wait for the lowest price , you will either never buy or buy when it is obsolete.
There is fun in buying, but there is a lot more in using ! (IMO). The latest tech is not always, if not to say always, not the best way to go if you do not like to fuss around. I would say find somebody that has almost the same use as you and see what they have and how they like it. (cf this forum is VERY adequate for this purpose)
Of course, selling does give you a different perspective in reference to guarantees and service after sale from distributors and what you have to provide for the customer.

So do you have anything of interesting I could buy

why don't you shop at NCIX? I'm from Canada and I always buy online with them.

1 Like

I do shop from there it's just frustrating finding the product which is in stock. I also scour out Tigardirect,newegg Computre rack in Calgary,memory express.

hey ! R9 390 II 15gbd devil 13, XFX 390X and powercolor 390 something.........but all over 350.00 unfortunately !
I also buy from NCIX, mostly on eBay bidding's (after checking the regular and open box price). NewEgg and Tiger are OK, just complicated sometimes for warranty applications.

you can check shopbot.ca for the exact product and it will get the prices for all available companies in canada.

Also, what is your current gpu? We may be able to guide you to something with more information

US / Canadian exchange rates are crushing right now so between price gouging and the exchange rates there aren't really any deals to be found on gpu's right now. I've been watching since the new cards started rolling out thinking I could pick up a r9 390x or 980ti or 3 but with retailers selling significantly above msrp pricing is a bit of a joke.

I'm going to haved to buy a better card soon but I'm going to hold at least until the new cards are actually available in the retail networks.

I feel your pain.

1 Like