Buy windows or use Linux?

That is so arrogant, I can't believe we have users who think this on the forum.

Most of what you are saying is completely based on your personal opinions, not fact.

Windows looks decent out of box. In case of linux, most of DEs are horrendously ugly out of box and take a lot of time to configure to decent state.

Completely opinionated. I love the way Openbox looks out of the box, AwesomeWM is very elegant, and the ease of customization for all of these DEs, even Gnome, KDE, and such, is literally just a matter of a few clicks of the mouse. 

But regular users need Microsoft Office and nothing else because of compatibility.

Compatibility with what? Most corporate servers are Linux-based, so the compatibility argument is based on... what?

On linux, you have to fix stuff to make before you even start actually using it. On Windows, everything almost always works, and if it doesn't, in most cases there's an easy solution in google.

What do you have to fix on Linux to start using it? Unless you are building LFS, or doing a minimal Gentoo installation, modern distros are incredibly easy to install, setup, and work with out-of-the-box. What was the last distro you installed? Do you even know how to use the terminal, because talking about how you consider more than one command in the terminal "unacceptable" makes it seem like you don't know anything but GUI.

And I couldn't find even a single one that I like.

Completely your opinion. I find that Audacious is the perfect audio player; I don't need any lyric plugins, crazy simulations, and pointless album art effects. Audacious is low-memory, fast, playlist-based, and supports many different file types.

The best client for everyday use that I know of is uTorrent 2.2.1. qBittorrent may be somewhere on par with it on linux but it's ugly and buggy on Windows.

I don't understand why anyone would use a closed-source, commercially sold torrent client. It's just crazy that you would use a free technology with non-free software.

Do it please! I would love badmouthing the smartphones! :D

> began only trusting Brennan, Logan, and Wendell on Linux

>turned into more successful scholar

True story.

Don't forget Zoltan! I appreciate the kind words, though.

My post wouldn't be badmouthing, it would be praising smartphones by mentioning all the devices that it replaces like yours. I can't thing of a way to write it in a sarcastic and funny enough manner.

Androids? Android is Linux.

Checkmate Windows fanboy!

SCNR

It's a challenge indeed... I can't do it, It's almost impossible... Everything would go back into badmouthing the phone. Having your memory stolen, being tracked by the gps, recorded while speaking... I can't find a way...

Compatibility with what? Most corporate servers are Linux-based, so the compatibility argument is based on... what?

If you save a complicated enough text document or presentation with MS Office and then open it with OpenOffice, it will look different and in most cases broken. That's something you'll hear from pretty much any ordinary user who tried both and it's a deal breaker for most of them.

Do you even know how to use the terminal, because talking about how you consider more than one command in the terminal "unacceptable" makes it seem like you don't know anything but GUI.

I know how to use terminal. I don't want to use it for anything, especially for everyday tasks. Everything should be achievable by GUI.

Completely your opinion. I find that Audacious is the perfect audio player; I don't need any lyric plugins, crazy simulations, and pointless album art effects. Audacious is low-memory, fast, playlist-based, and supports many different file types.

That's also completely your opinion. But the point is, there are music player like audacious on windows, but I see no decent alternative to AIMP(compact interface, intuitive tabbed playlist management) on linux. Not sure if there's anything like foobar on linux. Most music players on linux that I've seen are similar to Audacious and I don't like this kind of interface.

I don't understand why anyone would use a closed-source, commercially sold torrent client. It's just crazy that you would use a free technology with non-free software.

I don't understand why would anyone care whether a piece of software is open-source or proprietary as long as it does its job. I can't find any reason to care.

You are wrong if you think I'm a windows fanboy. I also don't like windows. It's just that there are no good desktop operating systems and windows is the most usable one and it does 95% of what I need from an operating system.

Because if it wasn't, the FBI would be hunting him down for attempting to download windows for free.

I think I got it... Who needs a smartphone when you got...

Don't forget...

It fits perfectly well in my hand and only requires the tip of my fingertips to push the button...

You can only trust people with profile pictures, except Sawyer.

how is configuring a desktop environment and installing software in any way different in a VM opposed to a native running system?

In no way different. Why are you asking?

Whatever. Ordinary users don't need more than Firefox or Chrome, mainly because of plugins. 

You can't say that you are trying to compare them, then say it doesn't matter when someone compares them.

There are no alternatives to skype. I don't care about your free-open-source-whatever, 50+ people in my contact list will not use anything else. Skype on linux is ugly and inconvenient.

Have you even used it? From what I understand, you arent even competent enough to get linux installed, little on run skype. It's less flashy, and more efficient. You have a contacts list. Thats is. Thats all you need.

And I couldn't find even a single one that I like.

Many windows music players are clones of ones from linux. Go use iTunes somewhere else.

Don't see you having MPC-HC there.

VLC with a few plugins is one of the best video players there is (In terms of being able to play EVERY video format). And guess what. Its on linux.

Everyone does.

But you said linux didn't have any? That's the whole "Comparing" thing you talked about. Please try to keep your story straight.

They all work the same.

You can't be serious.

Indefinitely harder in many cases. If a program takes more than one console command to install, I consider it completely unacceptable.

So going to a website, finding the program, downloading it, clicking several times to install it. Yep. Definitely easier than typing out two lines of a command.

Windows looks decent out of box. In case of linux, most of DEs are horrendously ugly out of box and take a lot of time to configure to decent state.

Opinion. Therefore useless.

On linux, you have to fix stuff to make before you even start actually using it. On Windows, everything almost always works, and if it doesn't, in most cases there's an easy solution in google.

You haven't been using a computer very long, have you?

Just because you couldn't figure it out, doesn't mean other people can't.

He may have an iPhone guys! Which definitely isn't based off of the same Unix systems as linux!

Because Piracy is against the forum rules.

This man: yes.