Business help!

Hey guys I’m in desperate need of your knowledge. I’m trying to figure out a way for a program or machine/sensor to read if a customer transaction has gone through and be able too turn on a switch or timer for 2 minutes that will be able to allow that person to press a button and enable a physics based system to dispense a product. I have no programming knowledge but know a bit about computers and and the transaction system I use for my business is a Sumup card reader and an android tablet (android 10 ) I would really appreciate any know-how or help with this and I would be willing to pay for the information. I hope I’m not breaking any rules by saying that but yeah I’m desperate I have no idea how to start. Much appreciated.

P.s. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Looks like SumUp has a full API, so it seems to be straightforward determining if a transaction went through: https://developer.sumup.com/rest-api/

The “button” and the “switch” could be a couple GPIO pins on a Raspberry PI, though you may also need a relay if the dispenser in question needs more power than (e.g.) a couple batteries might supply.

Mostly an electronics project, with a little bit of programming.

1 Like

Thanks so much you have provided some great and concise info I can use to get this problem solved I really appreciate it and if you’d like I can send you some coin in exchange for your kind help.