Bulletproof Coffee

I didn't see Bulletproof Coffee mentioned so apologies if this is duplicate information. David Asprey (Bio-hacker) is the guy behind Bulletproof Coffee. Personally I rarely use the Bulletproof coffee beans mostly because it's a pain in the butt to keep fresh beans on hand and I prefer my home roast which is also way more cost effective. The MCT oil is great imho, although I use virgin coconut as well as it's easier to get hold of. If you can get hold of Guernsey Dairy's butter it's worth the effort imho. Waitrose stock the salted variety in the UK it difficult to get the unsalted. Rachel's organic unsalted butter tends to be the easiest to buy in stores.

Guernsey Dairy Unsalted Butter.

Well that's the ingredients...here's the recipe: https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

One of these comes in handy if you don't have a blender. You can make it in the mug and save on washing up.

Frother

Ingredients

5 Steps To Bulletproof Your Coffee

#1 Make coffee: Brew coffee as you normally would.  Make sure it’s the right kind of coffee.  If you haven’t purchased Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee beans, read this post to find the best coffee in your area. Use a brown paper filter.

#2 Pre-heat blender: Boil extra water and pour it into a blender while your coffee brews to pre-heat the blender.

#3 Froth: Empty hot water from the now pre-heated  blender and add the brewed coffee, butter, and MCT oil.  Blend  until there is a thick layer of foam on top like a latte. A Blend-tec or Vitamix blender will do it quickly, a normal countertop blender takes longer, and a handblender works ok if you don’t have a real blender.

#4  (optional) Add cinnamon, vanilla, dark chocolate,  or a sweetener like Stevia, erythritol, or xylitol (this is technically a sacrilege if you use awesome beans, but some people love their mocha…)

#5 : Put on a satisfied look and enjoy the high performance buzz from your creamy mug of Bulletproof Coffee as you watch your chubby, tired coworkers eat low-fat yogurt and twigs for breakfast.  It’s almost unfair.

If you follow the link there is more information available.

I don't drink this everyday but I drink it fairly regularly and it gives you a great start to the day. I take MCT oil or Coconut oil every day and I eat and cook with the butter most days. My coffee fix is normally three double espressos with full fat milk in milk based concoctions. I'm not convinced about the mycotoxin claims so check that out for yourselves if you're interested.

Dave Asprey's Website > Bio Hacking Podcast

Here is a two part podcasts where Dave covers some of his background and other information about his journey into bio hacking among other things. If you haven't heard of him he is a Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur with tech background.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD859bPVqrA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX4yUzoKFxI

Here's an alternative view on the mycotoxin claim.

Joe Rougan podcast

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwY4H3cNTH0

For some info on the benefits of good quality grass feed dairy check out Dr. Kate Rhéaume-Bleue interview – “Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox”.

In the second part of the interview above Jan mentions Dave's use of the analeptic drug Modafinil. They also mention the movie Limitless which is worth watching if you haven't seen it already.

Here's Dave's take on Modafinil.

IMDB Limitless

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2qBHWFtyDE