Bulldozer.. the hype?

I never said it would. I'm saying Intel will try to get it adopted. The main focus of that post would be that, no, Intel does not support new standards faster than AMD. In fact, they don't support them at all, because they can't monopolize open standards.

I think in the coming year, we will see a drastic increase in the capabilities of OpenGL, I'm hoping we can do away with DirectX, and move on to something that is worth our time.

MicroSloth controls DirectX, and they have a vested interest in their Xbox360, even though they are going to change their marketing strategy to sell the device as an "entertainment multimedia system." It turns out more people are getting an Xbox and using it for Netflix..

MicroSloth...hmm... I must remember that one :p

Hmm... OpenGL 5.0... no DirectX license? Seems like we at last can pay less than $30 for a newly released game, like in the old days :)

yea so AMD is price/performance...I really dont want to pay an extra $100-$200 for 5%-10% more performance, its just not worth it. And why even bothr with PCiE 3.0?

When it comes to USB 3.0 and SATA III, I'd have to give the win to AMD on that one. They've been replacing all of the USB 2.0 ports with 3.0 ports and SATA II ports with SATA III ports ever since their higher end 800 series boards came out. I have seen some of the newer 900 series boards though, and it looks like they're not doing that anymore for some reason. I hope they continue the trend that they set with the 800 series boards, but only time will tell. Intel on the other hand seems to prefer only putting 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 SATA III ports on their boards, which I've never been able to figure out especially since they're supposed to be the performance kings.

PCI-E 3.0 isn't even needed yet.

When it comes to the price, you can usually get a really nice Intel cpu for around the same price as a comparable AMD cpu. The only difference is that the Intel cpu is usually faster and really isn't that different from their flagship $1000 cpus. Most of intel's cpus, you can just overclock and achieve comparable performance to the fastest consumer cpus out there.

AMD can be a great value, but it seems they are starting to lag behind. I don't really know what to expect from the Bulldozers, but my instincts are telling me that they're going to be slower than sandybridge, in which case I would never consider AMD again if I were building a new computer.

Only time will tell though.

oh, correct me if im wrong, but considering the north / south bridge is on the MB (as its not built into the chipset) doesnt that mean all the controllers for ports are on the MB as well? in other words... Its the mother boards choice what to put on the motherboard... not amd's. if they felt like it, they could still put serial ports on the high end motherboards (which i wish they still did)