Building Zion [ 56k warning ]

Most likely a issue with that DIMM. At least it was a correctable error CE rather than uncorrectable UE,
It’s a good thing you switched the DIMM and narrowed it down to that, if it was the Memory controller channel that would have been a lot worse.

@oO.o I used the zfs-dkms 0.6.5.9 repo package and it does not have encryption. ZFS Encryption was added to 0.7.1 in August but debian is behind until a “stable” release.

@PhaseLockedLoop After using Emby for a while I decided to switch to Plex. Emby is written in C# for windows, but cross compiles with mono which makes it a heavy application imo. Emby seemed more customizable and seeking shows was much faster and responsive. Seeking in Plex seems sluggish or non existent, but that may be my config.

The emby developers also implemented some horrendous nagware which can be circumvented with some help from an AUR package.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/emby-server-unlocked/

1 Like

Months later…

Been too busy to finish the server. Finally have a bit of time to wrap it up. Wanted to buy a hotswap cage but I’m too cheap so I used some extra internal drive bays and made some janky brackets to hold it in place. Job done.

1 Like

Something to keep the dust out. Built a filter box and cut apart a $2 furnace filter. Sealed the case except the front and rear, Then only put fans up top behind the filter pressurizing the case. Working well after 3 months.

Also giving Syncthing a shot, for synchronizing our phones photos to the server for local access and backup.

1 Like