Building New Ryzen PC

Which slot is the GPU in? I would start with the top slot, then move to the second to see if the slot is faulty.

Never mind, I have it working now!

In regards to the 1080, I want this machine more for productivity than gaming right now. I will happily upgrade the graphics card at a later date and put the 1070 ti in my wife’s (my old) computer.

Thank you all very much for your time and help. <3

3 Likes

What was the cause? Also, some boards take a long time on first boot, although I didn’t notice that with my Prime X370 Pro.

It was the dumbest thing, but also the easiest to fix thing: The HDMI cable needed a bit more of a push into the socket. :rofl:

It boots instantly and the system looks very nice too. (IMO)

For my first self-built I am quite happy with the cable management too.

2 Likes

Here she is:

6 Likes

Can we get a shot of the internals?

5 Likes

Report because you forgot NSFW tag :smiley:

1 Like

Nice and clean setup.

cool :+1:

1 Like

Let the unicorns begin to puke!
Nicely done, have fun with your system. :+1:

1 Like

My CPU has been running over 60C at idle, so I wanted to check what was going on. My CPU has fused to the heatsink. Should I do the soak in rubbing alcohol solution?

Also one of the pins is bent now. When I removed the heatsink the CPU just up and came with it. :confused:

Edit: Never mind, I’ve removed it and straightened the pin.

save $100, download linux

CPU is back in with new thermal paste etc. Still running over 60C at idle. This can’t be right…

Edit: Just downloaded Ryzen Master which is telling me at idle I am at around 50C. CAM is still reporting 60 to 70 lol. Think I’ll get rid of CAM.

When using something like HWinfo, look at CPU (Tdie)

Example:

How is the ram working for you? Any issues? Is it running at 3200?

Average Temp is 43C at idle.

Using HWInfo my memory Clock is at 1,596 MHz :confused:

I set it to 3200 in BIOS…

Edit: I feel like I just forgot the D in DDR. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That is 3200MHz. It’s DDR (double data rate).

1 Like

Good to know. Doesn’t seem clear what exactly should and shouldn’t work.

43°C idle depending on fan settings and cooler seems reasonable.

I’m getting 43C average-ish at idle with a 2700X. It’s very spiky, going from as low as 35C to 50C+. Makes it challenging to have fan sensible fan curves that don’t fluctuate a lot.

I did focus on silence at idle though, so fans are ~350 rpm at idle. Totally imperceptible at 1m.

1 Like