Building my new PC

I think you are good now.

I would rather have a powerful PC on a crappy temporary monitor, than have a nice monitor that I am unable to fully utilize. The monitor I want costs $1000, so Iā€™m waitingā€¦ waitingā€¦

Working within your budget, I would highly consider looking at at least the Ryzen 5 1600, the extra cores will assist you in programs you will be rendering in. Also a i5 is useless at this point.

Do not go below the 1070 for rendering, especially 3D. You will need the 8GB. Even low poly scenes add up fast and a 1060 is useless for these tasks if you are even slightly serious about 3D. At this stage of tech, I would suggest the 1070 as minimum.

2 Likes

By looks of it I will get Ryzen 7 1700 with GTX 1080, because in my country there is no price difference between GTX 1070 and 1080. With MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON. Going above budget which is sad, but i will render fast and will be able to play video games in the spare time :slight_smile:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/cwzKwV

This is the build i will be getting. Any last thoughts ?

I know you are over budget so it is what it is. If you can swing it, get the Gigabyte Windforce as opposed to the Turbo.

As far as memory, try to get memory off this list showing Samsung ā€˜Bā€™ Die category:

Got RAM from that list, and ordered this monitor --> AOC AGON AG241QX

If you want to save 30 Euro the 1700 comes with a stock cooler that does pretty well for itself. If you canā€™t clock it where you want, you can always buy the cooler later.

Otherwise looks like a lot of fun!

It is unfortunate the cost of RX Vega right now and doubtful AIB partners will be listed any different, because they would pair nicely with that monitor. Freesync.

1 Like