Building a Ryzen 3700x are G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory any good?

So, I’m getting ready to build my first AMD PC. the 3700x with an Asus Prime x470 Pro.

I have an ADATA 1TB - XPG SX8200 Pro M.2-2280 Solid State Drive on its way. YES!!!

Any thoughts on G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory?

thanks!

Probably will be good, should be good, shouldn’t see an issue BUT wait for some testing as DDR4-3666 might offer a better bang for the buck.

Thanks. Other than the M.2, I haven’t ordered anything else yet. I’m locked into the Asus x470 since I have a Staples GC I can use.

Thanks

The 3200 kit is only $129.99

I found on PCPARTSPICKER 3600 but it is CAS 19 while the 3200 is CAS 16? Anything to worry about?

The performance will probably be about the same… reason I say wait and look at testing is apparently DDR-3600 seems to be the sweet spot. Now if there is that much of a difference between 3200 and 3600 that should be determined in about a week.

Thank you. I am waiting. I most likely have to go with the Asus Prime x470 since that is all that is available at Staples and it will be close to free after my gc.

I got an excellent deal on the Adata m.2 after everything around $100 for 1tb.

:slight_smile:

Double check motherboards qvl memory support list.
i assume that those kits will work fine but still.

Havent seen anything but you’d think gskill to again capitalize that ryzen ram

@westech You might want to consider skipping Zen 2 if you can’t afford an X570 motherboard or get a Zen+ CPU and an X470 motherboard. The reason is an X470 motherboard BIOS will need to be upgraded before Zen 2 processor will work in that chipset. If you can find a way to upgrade the BIOS on an X470 motherboard without needing a processor you can disregard my advice.

Thanks, I realize my x470 will need Bios upgrade.

Depending when you buy it it may not… I thought I saw on one of the Computex videos from someone there will be something on the box or maybe even a slightly different SKU name for 470’s that are 3XXX ready.

This shows which motherboards can support 3000 with their given VRMs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

And what you choose? It will be interesting for me