Building a Render and Sim Beast

what simulator are you running?

I really wanted to do an M.2 instead of the ssd, but I couldn't find any for under $400. Eventually I plan to upgrade the storage setup though.

@anarekist, I am using Houdini for my simulations, which means anything from RBD sims to high intensity Finite Element sims.

Edit: Actually I just found an affordably priced one from RamCity and am jumping on it. Hurray!

So the parts all came in and I was up late last night putting this baby together and I have to say it looks pretty sick. Here is a brief video of it with the lights and fans all running.

Now onto the sad news. Since this is my first build I took things slow, followed the manuals, and made sure to eliminate all possible static hazards and was rewarded with a computer that powered up and took me to the Asus loading screen. However that is where it has been ever since, stuck at "initializing system" with the little status bar only a 10th of the way along. I tried rebooting it a couple times and tried holding down or tapping delete or F12 but still no progress initializing and no BIOS. I tried stripping it down to minimum RAM to make sure that wasn't what was failing. I tried taking out the graphics card. I tried disconnecting the SATA drives and optical drive. I tried disconnecting the front panel USB 3.0 and 2.0. I tried resetting the CMOS. Still stuck on the cursed load screen though.

As a side note I am using a run of the mill USB keyboard and am connecting to my monitor via the built in VGA. Also I originally had my ram installed in the wrong slots (it still booted that way though), and I am using an extender that came with the box on my 24 pin mobo connector.

Currently I am out of ideas. Any tips?