Building a new PC / Mac

Hello,

I'm planning on building a new computer for gaming and audio editing purposes. Haven't really made any price restrictions but the current component choice seems to be costing around 1000 € (ordering from Germany, I live in Finland). Since I haven't 'built' a computer earlier I'd like to hear some comments from all you more experienced pc builders. Here's what I've been planning on buying:

CPU: AMD FX-8150 - 172,84€

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional - 165,84€ (too much? maybe a cheaper motherboard?)

Housing: Cooler Master Elite 310 - 31,74€ (Practically the cheapest one...)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX770 - 353€

SSD: Kingston 120GB SSDNow V300 - 79,74€

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 8GB - 60,97€

Then I'll probably install Mac OS as well, Windows is just for gaming compatibility. I'm ordering these parts from this site: mindfactory.de. I guess I should get a hard drive too in addition to the ssd. Additionally, should i get a proper cooler for the cpu? please send suggestions for that. And one last thing, do any of you know if I should install first windows and then the mac os or vice versa; apparently the new mac os have no bios but all the basic bios operations provided by the os, does this affect e.g. clocking abilities. Mac will probably be my primary os after all...

you need an intel processor and a gigabyte motherboard if you plan on running mac os

perferably ivy bridge

logan mentiond a motherboard for this purpose in one of his videos that cant find atm.

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

thanks, good that it came out now and not later... :)

looking quickly at the board it seems like a good choice, and it's about 100 € cheaper than the fatal1ty signed one. Just gonna have to pick an intel cpu for socket 1155... thanks :)

no prob.

So here's some updates I came up with, can someone who knows more than I check if this build-up is legit (the price seems to be 1100€):

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

CPU: Intel i5 3450

Housing: Cooler Master Elite 310

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX770

Hard Drive: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB

SSD: Kingston 120GB SSDNow V300

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 8GB

[edit] forgot to write about the power supply: Corsair CX 600W

1st: looks fine, but get a 3570k, no point in geting a crippled cpu

2nd: go to tonymacx86.com, even though a few of us hackintosh, and know about hackintoshing, that's really the place to be, they also have nice little buyers guides

Thanks for the link, gonna check that out. I'm not sure about this but aren't the k-ending models the kind of  processors that you aren't able to overclock? I'm not planning on overclocking as soon as I get the computer running since I'm not probably even gonna buy a proper CPU cooler but I'd like to keep that option open in the future...

opposite, only k's or "black edditions" (for amd) are overclockable