Building a 4K editing rig

you mean, for 80% more, you could have tacky design language and and 2 degrees celsius difference when overclocked beyond daily spec?

sounds like a great deal

also dust accumulation is 100% how you set up the case pressure gradient. you can make any old box vac it up, or not.

3 Likes

Exactly. I had negative pressure in my systems for a while, dust got in real bad.

Since I’ve ensured I have positive pressure, the systems stay happy and clean.

1 Like

yep. as long as the case has filters at all you can make it so you never need to dust out the internals.

also, the only way we can stop terrible gaming aesthetics is by voting with our wallets.

1 Like

I still need to dust out my Meshify once in a blue moon, but that’s really all it is, I’ve had it since last November, and it’s gathered a tiny coating of dust, primarily because we had construction and the dust filter didn’t catch the plaster dust, but it’s been good to me. I vacuum off the front of it once every month or so, but that’s only like 30 seconds more on my weekly vacuuming process anyway.

I’ve built probably a dozen systems in the corsair 200r (you can take the silkscreen logo off with a little isopropanol and badge with whatever you want)

as long as you have front intake and the psu the right way around it’s positive pressure.

1 Like

I have a fractal R6 with the stock fans in it housing 2 vega 64s and a 2700x

Thermals are not a problem. I live in Australia where it gets hot.

If you like the look of the Define R6, go for it; you will not be disappointed. it was pleasant to build in, looks great, has decent cable management and the thermals are not a problem. If they are you can open the top vent and water cool the shit out of it…

But mine are fine on air, and i have some pretty power hungry heat generating hardware in mine.

Just as important for an editing rig, it is actually pretty quiet.

1 Like

You didn’t like aesthetics, I did, I would have preferred a medium blue but the red is fine. I was merely suggesting an alternative option as this is a case I already own. It keeps things very cool, filters wonderfully stop dust intake. Aesthetics are like assholes, everyone has one. OP can go with whatever he wants.

product that costs nearly twice as much is an “alternative option”

lmao

you’re right about them being interchangeable (not comparable alternatives), but all you’re paying extra for is slapshod industrial design language and marketing department salary.

Which is fine, but they aren’t even remotely in the same price tier. Something like a define 1000 or focus G would be appropriate

where did I hand down a divine edict that mandates they only use the metal box I suggested?

for that matter, where did I say it was wrong to have bad taste? plenty of wonderful people have bad taste. Don’t take it so personally.