Build update

Hey guys,

I am updating my build and wanted peoples thoughts....

I am a graphic deisgner and photographer who also does a lot of gaming at 1440p....

I currently have a 1070 FTW and have been offered for FREE an additional 1070 so bare that in mind for the following specs....

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass Mid Tower Case - Silver

Corsair RM 850

**Corsair Generation 2 Sleeved Cable - Metallic Graphite **

Asus Strix X99 Gaming Intel X99

Corsair DDR4 32GB 2666mhz

NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Water Cooling Unit - 280mm

[x5] Corsair ML140 Pro 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan

2x EVGA 1070 FTW

Intel 5820k

[3x] WD black 1tb

[3x] SAMSUNG 850 pro 500gb SSD

1 Like

With the 5820k, you only have, what, 28 PCIE lanes? That sounds like a lot until you try to plug in a pair of GPUs and a M.2 drive. Read your mobo owners manual closely to see which PCIe slots work and which do not, with only 28 lanes.

Personally, I don't think that a pair of GPUs are worth the extra heat, or the hassle. I'd rather have a single GTX1080, or 1080ti. This has the side benefit of conserving PCIe lanes. Most games don't support it any way and even if they do you get perhaps a 30% boost in frame rate? Meanwhile your likelihood of stuttering and other misbehaving increases exponentially.

Otherwise, it sounds like a solid build. I'm running a 5930k and I'm still very happy with it.

Are the parts in bold the ones you're getting, or the ones you already have?

If those are the parts you already have, there's not going to be a whole lot to choose from that will give a noticeable improvement without spending a pretty penny.

If those are the parts you are looking at getting, I think right now a 1700X system will beat a 5820K for less money.

Anyways, the list in the OP is pretty decent either way.

1 Like

These are the final parts I plan to have, I already have the 5820k and 1070