Build some parts

Hello everyone!,

I am going to replace my graphic card with a radeon msi 7850/oc .. is it worth it ? or i can find a better gaming graphic card for a better price? or atleast same? I am wondering if my pc will go hot when i get this graphic and if yes,i want to know how many around the temparature will be because i got intel fan[8dollar one] and im thinking of replacing it with hyper plus 212 or evo .. or maybe i can find a WAY BETER cpu cooler a bit expesiver?Last question,will my motherboard will be good enough to handle this graphic card?Because i think it's kinda old

My specs :

CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz Mushking green line

Motherboard
ASRock G43Twins-FullHD (CPUSocket)

Graphics
VW225 (1680x1050@59Hz)
896MB GeForce GTX 260 (Undefined)

Hard Drives
466GB Seagate ST3500630AS ATA Device (SATA)

Power Supply

600wat CX Series 80 plus bronze certificate

the 260 can still play anything it pouts it's mind to, but the rest of your computer is.... lacking. get another 4 gigs of ram, and that's about all you can do

any help plz?!

There's not much you can do.

The "radeon msi 7850/oc" will work on your motherboard but it will be bottlenecked (slowed down) by the CPU and the motherboard. I don't think you will see a major performace increase from your 260.

You could get a SSD but it will be bottlenecked by the SATA 2 interface.

You could get  some more RAM, not sure how much it will help though. And the prices for DDR2 is stupid high.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will correct me. Sorry for the bad news.

meh :/

can someone help me please?

O.o

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Even if his CPU is a bottleneck, the 7850 will still be a huge improvement over that GTX 260. You guys have to remember that the GTX 260 is a DX10 card, and he's not going to be getting all of the graphical features out of a DX11 game. Sure, it can still play games, but it's not exactly an ideal graphics card.

Go ahead and upgrade the card. You should see a noticeable advantage over the one you have now. You may want to think about upgrading the motherboard and CPU at some point though.

As far as heat goes, it depends on what kind of fan you have on the card. I'm assuming the GTX 260 has a normal blower style fan while the MSI 7870 has a dual fan design. With a blower style fan you're going to see most of the hot air be ventilated out the back of your case, where a dual fan design will dual the card better, but most of the hot air is going to be exhausted inside your case. As long as you have a case with nice ventilation and a good amount of fans then you shouldn't have to worry about CPU temperatures increasing too much, even with the stock intel cooler. If you have the extra money to spend on an aftermarket cooler, though, it never hurts to pick one up. It will make sure your temperatures are lower, and the stock intel coolers are generally pretty crappy anyway.

Alright so, I will buy MSI Radeon 7850 Twinfrozr/OC + cooler master hyper 212 evo ... Will my gpu/cpu tempareures while doing nothing on pc will be around 40 and on gaming around 70? I now have gtx 260 fan speed at 75% and on gaming is around 65 and when im not doing anything cpu temp is 40 and gpu 47...Last question,can I buy graph card and cpu cooler first,and maybe later in some months upgrade the motherboard and cpu because they will become even cheaper? 

Well you should see your CPU temperatures go down pretty significantly with the new cooler. Also, I have two MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Editions in SLI. They're both overclocked pretty significantly (stock GPU clock is 775mhz and my overclock is 940mhz), and one of them is in the low 30s while the other is in the low 40s, so I would assume you'd be staying around the 30's for idle temps as long as the card has a Twin Frozr cooler. During gaming, my cards will stay in the 60's and 70's.

And yeah, you can always upgrade the Motherboard and CPU later when you can afford it.

alright man thx alot!

No problem, man! Hope this helps, and I hope you like your new hardware!

:) thx!