[Build Log] Metal Dragon Build

Metal Dragon Build
This time I am planning of sculpting a metal armour dragon head in a scratch PC build.

Will be cutting, shaping small pieces of MDF board using hand files to form basic dragon head and later will be using wood-filler for final shape and last will be hand painting the build.

First I will be making a dragon head, once close enough I will share the idea about how the whole PC will look like … till then enjoy the build process with me

So to start with I took a scaled printout of the dragon head and started measuring and cutting MDF pieces.

Slowly things started transforming from 2D printout to real 3D shapes.

This build will be a little long and slow process and I am only able to work on this in night or weekends. But I am enjoying the process and hope you all will also like it.

13 Likes

I’m impressed. I will gladly follow your thread and progress. This is awesome!

2 Likes

Looking forward to the finished build. Looks impressive!!

2 Likes

Will be watching this with great interest.

3 Likes

Always love seeing modding projects like this, cant wait to see more!

2 Likes

Update : 10-Sep-2021
Started working on dragon eyes. Have taken lot of care as eyes are most important feature in a sculpture.

10 Likes

Broseph, this is awesome. I used to be into case modding back in the day. Looking at you post, I decided to checkout what the kids are doing now and the case mod scene is totally next level.

Keep on doing what you are doing! This is going to be rad.

2 Likes

Update : 13-Sep-2021
Saturday late night work resulted in some decent output. Getting little closer day-by day.

8 Likes

Wow, I wish I had the know how to do this type of work. I have some great Ideas, but making them a reality seems out of reach. I really look forward to this. I made a MSI build and have always coveted some of their custom cases but I haven’t been able to do more than stickers and light mods besides custom loops. I had hoped to make a very industrial tech looking build with stainless steel braided lines and the like after something like the robots from “Horizon Zero Dawn.” Just never got up the will to get it done. Lol.

Really look forward to seeing this progress!

2 Likes

Update : 20-Sep-2021
This week, working in late evenings slowly I am able to finish lower jaw of the Dragon head. Next on line is the tongue and the neck.

8 Likes

Update : 04-Oct-2021
Was little busy in life so have not posted any update in last two weeks, but project is slowly under progress.
Mostly finished the Dragon head and applied a primer layer, now one’s primer layer hardens will start sanding following with another primer layer and start colouring.

9 Likes

this is cool as hell

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Update : 11-Oct-2021
Started working on painting of the Dragon head.
Will try to give more finishing and appearance details to the dragon.
Awaiting for the hardware to arrive so that I can start working on the PC section of the build.

6 Likes

Update : 10-Dec-2021
Hello to all. Sorry for little delay, due to some unforeseen circumstances build was little halted. But now everything is on-track.
Also like to update that AMD is now partnering with us in this build with AMD Ryzen 9 3950X processor.

Also started receiving hardware from MSI .

Will be updating more on the PC section of the build.

6 Likes

Update : 20-Dec-2021
This weekend started working on PC section of the build.
Making open frame base from some MDF boards.

Applied some sealant, primer and a base coat.

Also purchased some 12mm and 5mm clear acrylic sheets.

Some test fitting of hardware.

Will be doing some wet sanding of the paint surface, add some more filler and ready for final paint coat.

6 Likes

Update : 22-Dec-2021
Final paint coat on the base frame done. Now started installing hardware.

7 Likes

Update : 27-Dec-2021
Continue installing hardware with working on RGB lighting and finishing base cover plate.

Now working on 12mm back acrylic sheet. Done all the I/O cut-outs, now will be doing some hand engraving.

4 Likes

Update : 25-Feb-2022
After a long time and hardworking this Metal Dragon Build has finally come to its end.

Hope that you all enjoyed this whole build journey with me. Thank you all for your kind response and support.

Also like to thanks AMD and MSI for supporting this build idea.

Following is the list of hardware used in this build -

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Processor
MSI MAG B550-I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI Motherboard
MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT Gaming X 8G Graphics card
MSI MAG Coreliquid K360 CPU Cooler
MSI SPATIUM M390 PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD
MSI MPG A850GF Power Supply
Kingston 16GB FURY Beast RGB DDR4 3600 MHz

Thanks and Regards

9 Likes

Looks awesome, mate!
Congratulations on seeing this project through.

I was hoping a little bit, that the computer would fit into the dragons maw, maybe an idea for next build :blush:

3 Likes