Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x16gb (64gb) Kit

Intel P4500 SSD 4tb
Intel Optane 280 SSD

Seasonic 1000w PSU

Gigabyte Windforce Nvidia RTX2080Ti
Nvidia Tesla V100 32gb (x2)

Water Cooling Stuff

EK Quantum D5 Pump
EK Matte Black Tubing (I needed slightly more than 3 meters)
EK Velocity TRX40 Water Block
Fittings to go with the Black Tubing
480 Coolstream radiator (top)
360 Coolstream radiator (front)
EK Tesla V100 / Titan Kit (x2)
EK Lignum RTX 2080Ti Kit
EK Quick Disconnect Kit (x3)
EK 2cpu 2gpu Manifold Kit
EK Fill Port Fitting

Fans

3x Noctua NF12-A25
4x Vardar S120mm
1x Noctua IndustrialPPC-2000 PWM (Configured for max 1200 rpm)
Rear Exhaust as Intake

Amazon Buy Links (thanks for your support!):

Distribution Block: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B085BWS9S5/?tag=level1techs-20
Quick Disconnect Kit: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0855BBLPM/?tag=level1techs-20
Lignum 2080ti Block: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQ3TWK4/?tag=level1techs-20
Tesla V100 Water Block: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VMS9B6C/?tag=level1techs-20
Quantum Pump: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B082NW8Z5X/?tag=level1techs-20

Pics Or It Didn’t Happen

11 Likes

Reserved for more info and stuff. :smiley:

Is that the Fractal Design Define R7

Read the third line in the first post :wink:

1 Like

It’s beautiful :sob:

1 Like

It wasn’t there when I opened the thread or the forum just got me straight to the pictures…

No worries!

I’m digging that wooden waterblock for the GPU😍

Cool build. :slight_smile:

I was kind of curious about that myself…

Hey Wendell, I really enjoyed that build vlog because I built a VERY similiar system myself:

3970x + 2 RTX Titans + Aorus Master in the o11 dynamic XL with 3 360 radiators.

I went for full EK too (velocity block).

What are your temperatures like under full load?

My GPUs max out around 52c and my CPU at 84c-ish.

Additional questions:
What are the teslas for!?!?!
Get yourself a second pump - like yesterday, way to much hardware to leave without redundancy.

3 Likes

CPU maxes out around 70c (no overclock)

The V100s are still locked to 225w so they don’t get super toasty either, around 60c +/-

I could probably make it a touch quieter and deal with the elevated temps, but the VRMs by far are the hottest things. I’ve got it turned now so that the vrm fan doesn’t really come on to where I can hear it, and I’m okay with that.

I haven’t run dual v100s yet for an extended period of time.

I need them because the dataset for the ai hotel from altered carbon is larger than will fit in a 1080ti and these were, surprisngly, cheaper than a 24gb rtx titan

2 Likes

How are the noise levels? I’ve been testing a similar system using the ASRock trx40 creator in a O11D XL with one 2x140 radiator, and one 3x120 radiator. The chipset fan is annoying(that one of two 2080 Super’s is right on top of it probably doesn’t help) and there’s a bit too much of the wooshy fan noise for my liking even with the case fans running at 800ish RPM. I’m wondering if switching to the define 7 XL, or maybe one of the be quiet cases would help.

1 Like

Ive just purchased this case, and iam going to get the wheel adapters printed, but does anyone have a link to what wheels I will need to purchase preferably in the uk.

Hmm i really like the wooden front of the case.
I wished they had something like that in classic Burr walnut with glossy finish.

1 Like

11/22 mm office wheels. Check your local Amazon?

This build is all I want in life. I was looking at building a 3950x with dual gpus and 3 rads (because why not) and it might end up looking pretty similar to this.

Do you need the second pump for velocity reasons or is it purely for redundancy?

Late reply - I can’t say whether the head pressure helps, but I assume more is better than less given that there are 2 thick 360s a thin 360 and 2 blocks to push the water through.

Realistically it’s just redundancy, I’ll train neural nets for weeks on end and not really pay too much attention - they don’t hit the CPU hard but they hammer the GPUs which don’t have shutdown protection so I don’t want a pump failure to take them out!

Hi there , nice build
I am building or actually rebuilding 2-4 (server-workstation-vm) mixed server and vm server and might add pfsense to all, I wonder if like u have one water loop for say system nr1, and that loop is connected to another loop which would begin to pump just when cpu, or spc temp measurement reaches like 60, that secondary loop pump will begin work, so getting the temp ( at least the coolant) lower instantly, tried to search if that would work but didnt find any build like this , and the idea , since all the systems would be hiding in a closet ( i have average ventilation) so i have enough space to have a
radiator like this may be a giant alphacool 1260mm-supernova-radiator
may be, or just having a large coolant tank , so that large volume of the 2nd loop would act as buffer untill the system temp or load lowers , and the idea is to lower the noise, and would keep the systems temp stable .

so the Industrial tubing, Quicc disconnect kit, and the Distribution Block is going to shop list

any idea if that would work?

The hardware:
2990wx on msi meg 399x, ( 48gb ecc ram or non ecc 64gb 3333 , 128gb ram-32gb each), 3970x on msi pro wifi, 3990x on aurous xtreme, 1x Nic 4 Gb ethernet, 2x LSI HBA cards, NVME 2 Tbx3 samsung , 4x1tb nvme, 3.5 drives 4x14tb, 9x8tb, 2x10 tb, 2x4 tb, 4x480gb ssd, 500 gb samsung pro ssd, 1060 ti, 2080 ti,

software unraid and freenas but looking to try Proxmox, and after following level1 youtube channel I got interested to get used to linux, even installed it as daily os on my Yoga, works much faster than windows , but still newbiee there, but may be one server would be linux with vm and duckers on , will c :slight_smile:

thankfull for any ideas or recommendations

p.s this is home systems , would server as media servers , data backup — etc
no match between the need and the hardware capability

This case looks purpose built for an IceGiant build, no?

Edit: whoops I was referring to the Meshify 2 XL video that brought me here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.