Build for next month

So in May/June I should be finally building my desktop. I have gotten together a list of parts that is close to my budget. If anyone has some suggestions on different parts that could save a few bucks I would appreciate it. Especially the GPU I am not an intense gamer so don't need the best of the best but would like something that I could play Hearts of Iron 3, Or maybe sim city and minecraft with some cool shader packs on high level while it is still quiet, and with a bit of room in case there is a new game that comes out that catches my interest.

For the ram I am getting a compatibility problem according to pcpartpicker so any suggestion on a reliable set would be awesome or if it's not a real issues that could be solved with a bit of overclocking let me know.

"Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum."

Prices are Canadian. Although I am considering mailing it all to a friends house in the states to save a few hundred bucks.  Thanks in advance for the comments have a good day.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3v37m

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor   $238.98

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $31.79

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $223.97

Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  $79.99

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  $129.75

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card $299.99

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  $108.00

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.98

Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer $59.93

Total: $1232.38

Personally I would upgrade the power supply and possibly the graphics card.  I would change the power supply to at least 750w and I would stick with what you have or get a r9 280x.  

First off, I have no idea what z2297 is talking about.... that made no sense...

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3vGlz

the 270 isn't really THAT big of a GPU downgrade... certainly plenty for the games you play... downgraded mobo to a nice, less pricey model that will still overclock your i5 with ease... much better SSD (I assume you're pulling an HDD out of something for storage)... for the PSU, the one I selected is much higher quality, but it's not modular, you've got room to find a nice modular XFX or Seasonic PSU if you don't want to do cable gynmastics (to get away from the Chinese capacitors Corsair uses if their low-end PSU line)... fixed the RAM problem... $200 cheaper... not a big knock on performance... just a minor GPU downgrade (the 760 just isn't worth $300)

I think what Panda put together is good, something you should really consider.

Definitely thanks for advice. Just looking up stuff on the GPU. I will eventually get another HDD right now on my laptop I'm not even over 100 gigs so I will only get more storage when needed. I can also live with an non modular PSU for one with better quality.

Thanks again

No problem! Yeah, not many people use the entirety of their 1TB hard drive. The only real time you need to worry about having a modular PSU is when you are building in a M-ITX case (which is one of the smallest cases on the market).

Just a dumb observation but we have the same name! Well, first name that is :P

Keep on rockin' mah friend!

Awesome I've only met two other Grant's lol. Would there be a Nvidia Geforce substitute for the R9 270. Or is it a reliable enough card for the savings?

Not really; the GTX 760 is ahead but the 750ti is below.  I believe the 660ti was the closest so far.

+1