Build for a friend $1200 U.S budget w/Monitor and Windows 8

She will be doing some good amount of gaming, and she's planning on running a youtube channel. She insisted on a blu-ray player AND Purple LED's AND Buying Windows 8. She's paying me to assemble the computer myself, how will these parts do? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Ok0g

EXCELLENT, except for the fact that you are about to use Windows 8 32 bit!!! Your CPU is a 64bit and even if you did use a 32 bit OS then windows will only detect 4GB. So I would go with a 64 bit version or even windows 7 64 bit because windows 8 isn't getting that many likes from other people who build a PC with that particular OS.

1. Get Windows 8 64 bit, otherwise getting 8GB would be a waste.

2. Also with the price cut from nvidia for the 7xx series i would suggest getting a 770 or a R9 280x in there

Do you plan on overclocking her CPU? If so, I've heard that haswell get really hot really fast (I've not overclocked one myself). I you do not plan on overclocking, you could save $20-55 by jumping down to some other i5 SKUs and put that into a better/quieter CPU cooler. 

Is she cool using OpenOffice, or does she already have some kind of office suite? Not required, but if she's a student or does any work from home she'll probably want something.

Other than the already noted 64 bit OS, that's a great build.