Budget Rig

It's been a while since Logan has done a budget gaming rig video. I'm from the UK and have quite a few spare bit's and bobs lying around but what interests me is having a small amd apu based machine by my tv as cheaply as possible.

I suppose I'm looking for suggestions for a chip/motherboard/memory combinations as cheaply as possible (propbably a case too). Any suggestions as to what to get and where from would be greatly appreciated!

Cheap, more upgradeable and more powerful than an APU:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1rrj5

APU system:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1rrlY

I think you should post the components that you wish to recycle. Just to ensure the power supply is worth recycling. You can pick up some pretty good components for cheap.

Thanks for that, never used pcpicker before looks interesting.

I haven't had a gaming rig for some years (feel a bit 'out of it') now because I swithched over to the 360 to stop me spending a fortune especially when the twins came along. Recently when my mate moved to the states he gave me his stash of hardware (anything from old 3dfx cards to new power supplies) some still in the original packaging. The tower I still have is an old 64bit AMD running xp, a bit old but has a couple of decent pioneer dvd writers in it and I was donated a couple of 1TB HDD's recently.

I don't reccomend anyone doing this but the cheapest build on newegg.com I was able to come up with has everything you need and a a8 5600k for $220. It uses a cheap o' $15 psu and a referbished HDD for $20 160gb sata, a biostar a55md2 for $40 with some cheap $15 diypc case. The ram is only 2gbs of 1333mhz.... So ummm I would reccomend getting atleast 4gbs of 1866mhz when ever you get the money..... But the cheap ram will do for minecraft, source games and other low demand games. So yeah... Don't build this pc unless you are the biggest cheap ass ever.... But if you have a hdd or ddr3 and psu from a older pc then use that and the price of the build would be like $150.

I don't reccomend anyone doing this but the cheapest build on newegg.com I was able to come up with has everything you need and a a8 5600k for $220. It uses a cheap o' $15 psu and a referbished HDD for $20 160gb sata, a biostar a55md2 for $40 with some cheap $15 diypc case. The ram is only 2gbs of 1333mhz.... So ummm I would reccomend getting atleast 4gbs of 1866mhz when ever you get the money..... But the cheap ram will do for minecraft, source games and other low demand games. So yeah... Don't build this pc unless you are the biggest cheap ass ever.... But if you have a hdd or ddr3 and psu from a older pc then use that and the price of the build would be like $150.

WTF I didn't post that 3 times....