Budget build any good?

So I've been on the internet searching for PC parts for a while and last night a friend mailed me saying "Hey, heard you're building yourself a gaming PC. Sick of Xbox cz everyones a squeaky nine year old that knows every swear word in the dictionary, so I want in on the PC gaming. Could you make me a build roughly around £550 plz? Thnks." (His exact words)

In a very short amount of time I cobbled this together for him;

CPU – AMD Phenom II X4 965 – Black edition   £73.40  (Amazon.co.uk)

Mobo - ASRock 970DE3/U3S3  £50.78  (Amazon.co.uk)

RAM - GeIL Black Dragon 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3  £31.19

GPU – EVGA Gtx 660 ti 2GB $300 (£190) (Newegg.com)

ODD – LG 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter £14.99 (Amazon.co.uk)

CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 evo Cooler £24.99 (amazon.co.uk)

HDD - Toshiba 1TB SATA 6GB/s 32MB Cache £57.98 (overclockers.co.uk)

PSU - OCZ ZS Series 650W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply £55.49

Case - BitFenix Merc Beta Gaming Case – Black £32.99

Total - £531.81

Can I have your thoughts on this?

He isn't willing to spend more than £550 ($895-ish). If you want to reccomend a partplease make sure the wbsite is british (.co.uk) because parts cost more here than they do america (though I don't mind you listing something off of newegg.com)

Anyway, thanks.

P.S. His requirements are to be able to play...

BF3 - high to max settings

TF2

Minecraft - Far render distance

Planetside 2 - high to max settings

Skyrim - high to max settings

Fallout 3 - high to max

Blacklight: Retribution - high to max

Guild wars 2 - high to max

Medal of Honor Wrafighter (upon release) - high to max

i think the system u put together looks pretty good but i expect gigabusterEXE to show up sooner or later and put something together most likely

lol, never seen a thread he hasn't been in :) though he gives very useful tips

yah he does give some good tips, and he usually puts together a good build faster than me

Well, it's a nice build, but if it's possible to put in an Intel Core i5 into that thing, it would be perfect. The Phenom II's are getting old even if the only Bulldozer CPU to even come close is the 8150. A core i5 would do a lot better and would make sure not to bottleneck anything, even if it is a model that can't overclock.

I guess I'm gonna have to persuade my friend to g over budget and get a 2500k like myself (oh god this is gonna be hard!) Can anyone sudggest a good bang for buck moobo for the 2500k?

if you live is the uk you can't buy from newegg and the 660 in the uk is around 220 pound i think

sorry thinking of of 660ti

I have friends in america who are willing to send me the part(s) that I buy on newegg.

alright I'm done with chores today I'll get to it in a minute I got a ton of these backed up

international shipping is expensive as hell

like 100 to ship an iPhone to london

okay I BARLY sqeezed in BOTH a Ivy i5 and a 660Ti

CPU

Mobo

Ram

GPU

PSU

Case

HDD

Sorry for the late reply. Is 430w really enough for that build? He'll be upgrading that in a few weeks... anyway, I was thinking that, instead of getting the 660ti that he should get the Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce x3 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-296-GI and save £40 and get a better PSU. What're your thoughts on that? Do you think he should just stick with the 660ti? Thanks.

which ever his preference to AMD/Nvidia is, the 660Ti does a little better in newer games and uses 150w

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/548?vs=647

also a 7870 uses 175w, the CPU is 77w, those combined with the rest of the components uses 302w

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

If you're going to be upgrading then sure get a better PSU, I recommend Cosair and seasonic