BTTG vs The World

Now, all that’s left is to:

• Replace #7 as shown above
  • And break in the tires!
  • Possibly Seafoam and revving the shit out of it.
1 Like

man what kind of fuel do you have in the area?

It ain’t the fuel, it is the fact that the bike sat for months upon months without being run. I can’t even say for sure how long the fuel sat in the tank before I bought it.

got ya my solution for this believe it or not was not non ethanol fuel. I actually found ethanol fuel to gum up more even with stabil which was interesting. It turned out 30 percent ethanol mixed in actually prevents it in all machines… cars mowers and bikes alike. Im really not sure why… It defies our conventional logic but I think the higher concentration chemically deals with the break down better… really not sure… what are your thoughts?

Could just be the quality of the mix and stabilizers in your fuel. Most of what I’ve heard is that Ethanol runs poorly in this vintage of a bike. Not sure about rust and all that.

I’m also not sure if the 2 people that owned it before me out 100% or not. I know the guy I bought it from didn’t, but he only rode it once.

You ready for some fuckin twisty action?!

You have the manliest hands on L1T. Sorry @Adubs, yet again you have been dethroned

@Adubs can keep his throne, because the hand model in question is my Dad. Lmao

1 Like

Yesssssssss…

But it’s still not completely fixed. Yet.

1 Like

Somebody else with a similar problem, and how to fix it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php%3Ft=196497&amp=1

Well man imma be honest regardless of the engine running chevron gas and putting techron in has done wonders as well its pretty great at cleaning… Its prolly safe for a vintage bike

Ok, I’m going back to just replacing this part.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/suzuki/15610-27G00?gclid=CjwKCAjw8e7mBRBsEiwAPVxxiDHHJLJUMd-JZ6VEIBIpG5m7dJUtW3mLAmnxY4jrNXbVs-AF5CZ13xoCuoQQAvD_BwE

My dad and I are almost certain that if the main fuel mesh filter hadn’t failed, the high pressure filter wouldn’t have failed.

So we are just going to replace the filter and assembly as shown above.

And no, you can’t just replace the filter. You have to replace the whole top part of the fuel pump assembly.

Stupid design. Really stupid design.

2 Likes

She’s ready, and she’s fast! @Adubs @anon46267848

4 Likes