BSOD problems with my 5775c need any help I can get

built my rig about a week ago using the i7 5775c, updated the bios and drivers but Im getting BSOD frequently, sometimes after using the system for a few hours, sometimes after just 20 minutes. It gives me different errors almost every time. After doing some research I found that a lot of people are experiencing the same problems as me with the same cpu. 1 person said their problems were solved by switching to ddr3l memory as that is the official supported memory by broadwell, while other people have said that disabling speed step and virtualization solves their issue. Does anyone here have any knowledge on the situation?

1) Why did you upgrade the BIOS?
2) Looking at the 5775C specs on the Intel ark page RAM up to 1.5V are supported, even if it says DDR3L (quoting from the Intel site "DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.5V").

What kind of different error you're getting? Just give a summary of the "most popular", if there are any, or some examples.

Do a memtest if you can. Please don't get offended but did you verify on the motherboard's manufacturer site that Broadwell is compatible with the motherboard you're using with a clear indication of the CPU you're using?

Do you have a different CPU (older would be the best) to test the machine and be sure that eveything's right?

It runs fine for a few hours sometimes before the bsod appears. Ive ran this system with an i3 4370 for a year before I upgraded to the i7 and all ssd storage so I know the entire system is working right, its the cpu that is the problem child. Yeah the motherboard is completely compatible with the 5775c and it required an updated bios to support the chip. Thread exception error seems to be the most popular ive been getting,

The only BSOD problem I had was with my 7850k and it was solved by upping the RAM voltage from 1.5 to 1.6 or 1.65. I bought some cheap ram for a cheap build.
My system is totally different then yours and I assume you saw the intel forums about the DDR3L mem.
I would start with the memory settings. I would hate to see you have to blow cash on new mem or a new MB. Especially after what the 5775 must have cost.
My gut says try the mem settings or try downclocking the igpu a bit but frankly this is just a guess.
Wish I could help more, hope someone here has more info.

what does event log say? and can we get the minidumps?

First, software fixes:

From what I've heard, some people have problems with the Iris / Iris Pro drivers. There is at least a beta driver for the iGPU that could possibly fix some of the BSODs.

I would do full memtest pass just to be sure. Because it "ran fine with a i3" isn't enough. RAM sometimes just gives up.

Last resort hardware fixes:

Ironically reseating a CPU can fix some problems. But you must do it in an ironical way. If you do it seriously it will not work.

Other then that, I've seen a problem with an SSD once, that was intermittently reading/writing bad blocks and all sorts of errors as a result.

About RAM...

DDR3L is not exactly the same as DDR3. Yes DDR3L RAM is dual voltage and can run at 1.5V, but it seems it's not the same as ordinary DDR3 running at the same voltage. The Broadwell system I have will not even post with ordinary DDR3, only DDR3L is supported. Make sure the motherboard supports that CPU and the RAM it requires. The motherboard vendor should have a list (QVL) of what RAM modules they have tested. Both Crucial and Kingston have "memory configurator" pages that if provided motherboard make and number can give recommendations. But in this case I suspect it is the CPU that wants DDR3L.

EDIT: I like to add that the Broadwell I have is not a desktop version (mobile pretty much, Shuttle DS57u), I've asked around and the BIOS is a suspect. Many motherboards have Broadwell "support", but the BIOS is all over the place so to speak. So make sure you have the latest BIOS and that the motherboard does support that CPU before you buy new RAM.

Well thank you all for your input. First i would like to try the beta driver of the iris pro drivers to see if that would fix the issue. Where would I find this driver though? is it where all the other intel drivers are in their website? If that doesnt work then ill unfortunately swap out my regular ddr3 and put some ddr3l in there to see if that solves it.

I would check with the motherboard vendor that the specific CPU is supported fully before I'd buy new RAM. According to people I've asked about this, motherboard and BIOS support isn't too great. If the latest BIOS isn't up to par maybe it can be modded with tools like UBU. Update CPU microcode and Intel VGA ROM/EFI GopDriver. But of course only do this if you're comfortable with BIOS modding. And yes, the graphics drivers should be on Intels site somewhere. If not in the download center, search for it. Might be the case that you have to agree to stuff before they let you download beta drivers.

I've been looking around and the "thread exception" error is most likely due to drivers problem. What I would suggest is, if you can't get a good driver to work, disable the iGPU if you're using a separate videocard and give it a spin.