Bricked my oneplusone... what did I do wrong

I've semi-bricked my phone like that too. I was rooting it doing crap. It didn't complete and battery died. I effed up the twrp crap too and lost my partitions and everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Battery was out, black screen. No vibrate, no charging sign, no fastboot or power on crap.

I charged it for 4-6 hours then followed this guide and it it back. It was amazing. You might wanna just google up something like, "no power, no fastboot" etc.. Can't remember which guide I used but yea, it's pretty cool to go from near brick status back to full functioning phone. I'm gonna go elsewhere for my next phone I'm not gonna update to OP3 or any of that crap since support is just forums also if you don't update or you make 3rd party OS it's unsupported and be out of date within months. Battery life sucks too I went from 4-6 hours battery life or 2-3 hours light gaming to 1-2 hours light gaming. I just don't understand why 2D games get as hot as playing full 3D rendered game just blows my mind.