Brand new Ryzen build with Windows install problems

Hello! I’ve got a brand new Ryzen build and the windows 10 refuses to progress beyond the windows 10 logo:

It’s a brand new cpu, motherboard, ram, cooler, and case build. Here’s the part list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kcvmQD

I’ve ensured that the bios is set to UEFI boot and have recreated the installation media 2x with the microsoft tool, and have got a rufus install flash drive creating now. No overclocks enabled or A-XMP, full stock settings. Not quite sure what else to do here since this is all compatible hardware :confused:

PS. Real long time since I’ve posted, cool to be back

1 Like

Try a live linux usb installation and see if your boot drive is alright?

1 Like

To check the flash drive? Yeah I can do that

Also a good idea to try a different pen drive with the microsoft tool, to narrow points of failure.

1 Like

I’ve got a different drive with a new windows 10 iso that I just did the rufus install on. Looks to be same problem, just booted with that

Have you tried all the different USB ports? It should not be a problem at all these days but I remember for a while USB3 ports were not always reliable for installs and USB2 would work better.

Worth a shot.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried that yet, but I will try a usb 2.0 port next. I just checked and I’m on bios version 1.20 and version 1.54 is the latest so I’m going to give that an update real quickly.

WAHOOO Either the BIOS update or the USB 2.0 port worked, but I’m in the installer now. Thankyou! And thankyou @CybeastRaystriker for your input as well!

2 Likes

Just to be sure, you are running ram in default’s (2133/2666) speeds while installing windows? Sometimes high memory oc or “xmp” settings can mess your install. Tough this as i saw you having some fast memory in your system. after the install you should be free to set them as you wish.

1 Like

oh seems resolved :smiley:

1 Like

Good stuff. Glad it is fixed, enjoy the PC.

1 Like