Bought that mac finally :U

Everything...Menu popups, clicks, opening files, saving, and just the whole experience.

I even put my hatred aside and used it for about 3 weeks to form my own opinion, it just wasn't for me.

Thats very odd. I can only hope it wasn't one of the ones I am using!

If it was a 2010 model I would expect that. They have so many design flaws in their build quality its ridiculous.

Nope, this is the same issue I have, which can make them difficult to sell. I'm pretty sure even google chrome isn't supported, which makes it really difficult. Pretty much why I've been interested in linux or the like on these guys, 10.6 is really a limiting factor on these things. I wouldn't expect anything else from Apple, lol.

@FaunCB

http://lowendmac.com/2015/what-is-the-best-browser-for-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard/

this should help you with a browser.

2 Likes

I just went to ebay to see how much a macbook with core 2 duo go for and they cost between 300 and 350, this are laptops from 2009 and 2010.
A dell with the same specs go for 60-80 dollars.
Macbooks look nice nobody is going to deny it, but what a price.

Well that is one good thing about Macs, they do tend to hold a decent price. I'm sure the original iPhones were going for a lot of money on places like eBay, ect. Something ridiculous.

The other thing is if I were to get on with, say, a 9600M, cracked EFI, 2.58 GHZ core 2 duo, and full ram, thats a good 600 dollar machine right there. Why? Anything apple puts out for the next 6 years is going to be relevant on that machine. The macbook I have has not bee relevant since lion came out in 09 and its purpose is to just run PPC apps, which it does poorly.

Its purpose for me is to do work :P Eventually I'll get an MBP with a 9600 or a GT330.

I was looking at the pro models. The basic models are 100-150 ebay prices, that's a lot more reasonable. I would like to get one to mess with it if the price was right.

Yeah but you're getting shit hardware. It used to be the reason the MBP's were expensive was faster FSB and firewire. Then the reason list added GPU's. Now theres not a god damn reason.

If you haven't already gotten 10.7 on there, you can use the X86_64 knocker for mac pros to load 10.10 on it.

Well.... "10.7" its the beta. Its a 32 bit machine I highly doubt that will work. I'm looking into conventional hackintosh methods to get Mavericks on it as thats the version I like the most.

You can use the knocker for that. All it does is knock the x64 bit calls that Mavericks makes to x86 so that it can be run on older hardware. After adding the knocker to your installer all you need to do is edit the supported macs plist and you should be good to go.

Well if you could link it that would be great.

I'm going to try uni/multibeast out tonight after I get my hands on the mavericks image I seem to have missplaced. @iPat8 if you could link me to that little program that would be amazing. My finding will be posted here .

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/2006-2007-mac-pro-1-1-2-1-and-os-x-yosemite.1740775/

Works about the same for mavericks.
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mac-pro-2-1-and-os-x-mavericks.1598176/

1 Like