Bottlenecks?

Hey guys,

I recently ordered (and received most of) my parts for a new budget rig, but started to wonder if the things I ordered were bottlenecking each other? Most of the parts I ordered were influenced by the kill your console $400 gaming PC. My processor of choice was the pentium G860 and the graphics card was the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650 OC @ 1100 MHz with 2 GB of GDDR5 (if that makes a difference). Does my CPU bottleneck it in any way?

A bottleneck is a Pentium 4 with a 7970. What you have is a balance budget gaming rig. The CPU could be better, but it's not seriously hindering your graphics.

http://teksyndicate.com/forum/other-hardware/bottle-necking/130807 This should help you out a little bit

should be fine. the cheaper intel parts perfom just as well as the core 2 duo ever did and they dont bottleneck a gtx 650

your still gonna struggle in multi threaded (x3 or more) games but thats because its a dual... a quad is a much more relivant option for gaming when your playing titles like bf3 which benefit from more available threads. but for games like crysis, starcraft and many others your system will be fine for a year or 2.