Bottlenecked?

Are my 2 Radeon HD 6950 1gb bottlenecked by my A10-5800k.  Would it be worth upgrading to a FX-6350 or such?

Humm why are you running crossfire on a APU? 

Your better off buying one solid performing GPU, crossfire is just not that good on AMD cards.

Upgradeing to a FX-6350 will help slightly but i am not shure  how this chip performs yet i have seen no tests on it 

Wrong...

O realy? please do tell

Well my build started at 500 bucks then I upgraded from there.  I am upgrading to 8000 series cards at the end of the year.  My b-day is coming up so I should be able to upgrade if it is needed.

If I understand you correctly, you are not using the GPU in the APU is that right? You are running xfired 6950s?

If that is the case, you would benefit from upgrading the CPU. I don't think the 6350 is a good choice though, the 6300 still represents better value as it is 95w vs. the 125w of the 6350 and the 6300s overclock like mad. Use the saved dollars in buying the 6300 to get a better cooler and overclock the heck out of it.

This will, of course, require that you purchase a new motherboard (change from FM2 to AM3+).

Do you think the Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition will be adequete for some overclocking, or is there something cheaper I can get that will pretty much do the same quality of a job. I am not using the graphics in the APU.  How much of a performance boost do you think I would see from the A10-5800k to the FX-6300.

I am just wondering what motherboard you are useing i dident think there where any FM2 x16 x16 compatable mobos 

If you go for a new chip make shude you get a 990fx motherboard with x2 x16 slots running at full speed

(PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 not x8 or x4)

If you have 2 6950s you should really be lookin at a 8320 or 8350...

There aren't any FM2 x16 and x16 boards.  I am runing them x8 and x8.  It was a cheap upgrade.  I would like to upgrade to a FX-8350 but it's expensive.  I have $250 for the upgrade budget so the FX-8350 is not an option. Being 14 it would take me a long time to save up to be able to do the FX-8350.  I would also like to spend the money by the beginning of June because I feel like I will end up blowing a bunch of money during the steam summer sell if I have a bunch laying around.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/le5N

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Microcenter)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($129.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $249.97

8+2 phase CPU VRM  2x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 speed 

You will get a bost running crossfire in x16 and the cpu is a good bost in performance over the apu chip

well, the A10 is a quad core. disabling the iGPU and overclocking should mitigate any CPU bottleneck. I'd try that first, especially since changing sockets can be expensive

if the CPU bottleneck is still there, you can most likely re-use any cooler you invested in on the new socket.

I think I'll just buy the Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition next time goes on sale and overclock it to the wall.  Thanks to everyone!!

Ahh didn't realize you would have to buy new mother board my bad... 

sell both cards and buy a 7970, then oc the apu.