Bot profiles breeding like bacteria on facebook

I’ve noticed over the past couple of weeks, sequentially repeating names showing up on facebook, like a script is creating bogus profiles and just changing the last letter of the last name cycling through the alphabet, so I’ve started checking daily what new ones, all the new bot profiles are only connecting to other new bot profiles but some old ones too, I’m not sure what i’m looking at, is this, facebook trying to artificially inflate user numbers in the wake of recent events, they are either knowingly or unknowingly complicit, I’m willing to bet that much and it’s really obvious proof that they aren’t trying to clean things up really, not really at all.

johny%20nox-new%20bot%20profile melphi

or its Russian bots

Don’t think they have much to discourage bots, beyond a captcha when signing up, and then relying on people reporting fake accounts. If no one’s interacting with bots besides other bots, no one’s going to be reporting them.

Don’t think they need to artificially inflate user numbers. I don’t know a single person that stopped using the platform because of the Cambridge Analytica stuff.

Not once have i ever reported an obvious bot account and had anything actually happen, the response I always get is “there is no breech of our community guidelines”

A free dating site I use POF has a ton of bots. They make profiles by the dozens daily, and they dont have any captchas or anything for signing up.