Books, Booklists, & Reading

There are quite a few topics in the forum related to "books to read", genres, and reading in general. I just wanted to put my two cents in. I have gone from only reading forum pages and periodicals, to clearing 15+ books in 2016. That is a huge turnaround for me, and who knows what 2017 will be. Obviously, the number of books will be a function of pages & density.

two, maybe three cents

Okay. First thing i did was compiled a list of books to read. There are "place holder titles", as i don't want you guys & gals seein, what I'ma readin.

In the Queue, I use a two variable point system for priority. Seems crazy, but if I see or hear of a good book, i can note it down and not loose track of it. Some books have the same rating, so there is no need to have a fixed finite list.

The tracking list keeps me on task as I want to get on to the next book. As well, on the next Tab, I have a completed list.

I have be able to obtain a good majority of these books, either completed or on my nightstand ready to crack, from charity book sales. Not every possible book will be there but a vast majority will. If the book you want to read has millions of copies sold, it will be there. The science fiction genre is never a small section.

The local book sale is in spring and fall, walk in with a list and hit it hard. 15 books @ $3-4 a pop, you're looking at $50Bux. Done.

Kindles are dope on the go.

That is all. (Oration Completed)

If anyone wants to add, please do.

1 Like

congrats on expanding your reading material. I am not sure if you have seen the website but check out Goodbooks.com You can browse books, read reviews and make custom lists of books to read or what you have read. Its pretty powerful and you should check it out. Also, once you have a list made you can export it to a save file.

Thanks, @Angrywelder. Do you mean, https://www.goodreads.com/

Thats the one. I am several other people from here are members of that site. Its really nice and once you start playing around with it, its actually pretty powerful and does a lot.

What features do you like most? @Angrywelder

Sweet you are going through your reading list. As for me, I bought some books from a used book sale two years ago and now I am going through them. Just finished one of the books in the span of a few days.

Good luck on your list.

The ability to auto import book purchases from Amazon. Also I can export my book list as a database file and use it in other apps and programs.

Which ones for what?