Book of the Month Official April/May Suggestion thread

This sounds like a really fascinating and relevant read. Our poll is up for this month, but do suggest it again for next month.

You can still read the first chapter free if you follow the link.
The way things are heading what with censorship, next month may be too late.
This doctor has bucked the establishment, and historically many who have done this before her have been discredited, and have had their license to practice medicine revoked.

So the winner for May's book is One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. Well I will assume that everyone except me has read Hitchhiker's and want something new and fresh. Don't mind that whatsoever.

Well poppycock, they don't have it in my library. Amazon it is then.

2 Likes

so my order arrived today..... Uhm.

1 Like

You sure you are not in a library doing this so you can get some free likes? Who do you think we are? /s

Where did you order this from? Etsy?

1 Like

The eagle eyed amongst you will know where this book came from :wink: I don't even know what joie de vivre means... I can tell you that, save for the final digit, this book has an identical ISBN number which I think explains the order error. When I told the amazon seller their response was, sorry, we've refunded you in full, keep the book :joy:

1 Like

Now that is good service. Better than when my recent Amazon prime order came in 6 days later while a third party seller shipped me a different book earlier.

Well that's just peachy :slight_smile:

So my second attempt (different Amazon seller) at ordering this book has just arrived...... I dont believe this...

2 Likes

Hahahaha. So good.

1 Like

Well you can sell them to for a profit if possible, donate to a library or charity. Are you buying this new or used? From the same bookseller?

Hope Amazon refunds again and you make a complaint about it.

I think we can all guess what my nomination for the next BOM is going to be :joy:

2 Likes