Book of the Month - March/April Suggestions to vote on (Closes March 5)

he doesn't know about the 10-year boat ride

Guess I will remain ignorant about it. I'll know when I find the interest to try the series.

the author is notorious for procrastinating on the series [Berserk}, despite its widespread success and long syndication.

it isn't so much that it takes a long time to get through as it takes the author a long time to produce it.

in some cases, a decade between runs.

Altered Carbon

2 Likes

I meant it doesn't take long to finish reading a manga volume. As for writing it, completely the opposite.

I didn't know Beserk was in 10 years hiatus although I did hear its notorious release.

the joke was that it takes long to read if the author decides not to write it.

1 Like

Godel Escher Bach is a work along the same lines that I would throw out as a general reccomendation, as no mere mortal can read that book in a month.

I have that wishlisted.

Well I am no mere mortal.

2 Likes

It is a pretty easy read and can be done well within a month. I understand that I do read a lot compared to most people - somewhere around 2 or three books a week on average, however, everyone that wants to should be able to read it within a month.

When I say that, I mean more of an active reading. Like if you were to really attack the ideas that he presents in the text then I don't think the average person could do that. It's both hurge and packed to the brim with very complicated ideas.

1 Like

Ok, I understand what you are saying. It does look like a book that requires multiple readings if someone wants to absorb everything about it.

Looks like Foundation will win unless an influx of voters come out of nowhere.

I've never seen this before. It looks like a great read.

1 Like

Oh its fantastic if you're into that sort of thing. If not it is very boring