Book of the Month (BOM) For March/April: Asimov's Foundation book 1

Its still going on if you want to jump in, someone else just joined in now.

You can still join in. We aren't stopping yet.

Dang it, one of these days I'll have the date and time on an alert and be ready...... wont be home for another 2 hours.

Hope you all had an interesting discussion, can wait to listen to it later

@Eden I just saw the image attached to the audio file.

Also, who the hell is [heavy breathing] in the second half, lol... creepy.

1 Like

There's an image attached?

For those that missed, here is the unedited version of the discussion

(the forum isn't oneboxing it correctly atm so copy paste) (whats a better place for files?)

drive.google.com/open?id=0BzIQtWCKOwiWa3liOGNsaDU2SFU

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about the audio, handsfree headphones on mobile phone.... Huffing and puffing when walking about + in the garden when weather was a bit windy! Just listened back and it sounds bloody awful :flushed: I'll get the pc and headset indoors sorted out for next time :joy:

2 Likes

LOL... sounded like someone got really excited when we started talking about... never mind...

@Eden

What's the next book?

We've not decided yet. There's usualy a vote based on the top liked ssuggested books.

Ok :), it might be a bit long for just a month but I started http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13569581-blood-song after Foundation. Good so far.

Haha! No! I just don't have much rec reading space right now. Studying for a career change. Moving 2 sets of parents out of California. Plus a slew of stuff needing my attention. Most nights I just collapse at about 9pm and my brain is a potato.

I'll get this going for May

I wasn't there too, I couldn't make it, I'll finish the book and then listen to the talk!

I guess one could add a book report here surrounded by the spoiler tag.....

i say guess because i dont know. Its not my thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

A bit late to the game, but cool to listen to, since he covers most of the stuff we did:

Again, whoever suggested this channel - thanks.

edit: a wee bit of a necro, I know, but it deserves to be in the thread. It explains the theme and provides a sort of extended synopsis for people who are interested in reading the book without spoiling too much.

2 Likes