Book of the Month (BOM) For March/April: Asimov's Foundation book 1

I didn't expect the book to hold up (there are a few minor things that are dated) but it does especially with its overarching themes. I will read the rest.

Just got a cool version of all them (I think I only had paper backs)

1 Like

If your good that would be great.

I'll definitely take the role with honor. I just need to know who will record it.

1 Like

Holy crap I forgot about this reading list! I have dropped all other reading, and I will finish it asap.

You have 15 days and a 240 medium size page book. Take your time. No one will chastise you... yet.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

#!/usr/bin/GOALKEEPERthoughts
----------

"

Or listen to the audio book.

If one has been made for the book.

"
1 Like

Last dozen pages or so to go. Might read it again :joy:

1 Like

So I checked out the rest of the original trilogy. Fortunate the second book was held for me. Wish it was a hardcover.

1 Like

or

1 Like

I had to put it down for now. I have a TON of reading to get done for my current studies plus personal life stuff that is becoming more and more consuming this month. Planning on downloading the audio for a long drive I have this weekend and seeing if I can bust it out. I'm glad to see everyone getting into it. The first 5 chapters that I did get to read were very good. The style of writing puts you right into the story and I like that.

I'll pick up again for the May book and get the voting organized and such. Thank you so much for leading what will for sure be a very thought provoking discussion.

2 Likes

Well that is a bummer but life is important. When you do pick it up, I'm sure you will enjoy the book given your take on the first 5 chapters.

Have you finished that Carl Sagan book btw?

Well that's sad. But better deal with the important stuff first. Besides, the club ain't going nowhere.

@anon69321716, do you want me to send you some of my notes in the form of topics (or questions) you could possibly combine with your own... just so you have a written flow of the discussion?

Got a copy today, looks like a nice quick read :smile:

1 Like

Sure. I would not mind. I still my impressions of the book but I'm already reading the 2nd book (not that I will talk much about it).

@gearheadgirl27, @Eden, who will record the audio of the Discord session?

Since the meeting is on Saturday the 15th, I'm free all day unless shit happens. What time are you guys comfortable (I'm Eastern Time Zone)?

Evening would be good....GMT evening that is :wink:

Well that is above noon in my time zone.

Since no one responded on the recording, looks like I will have to learn this on my own. Cannot be too hard.

What's that timezone organization thing we used last time? It was good.

I'll send you those topics and questions when I get them all on paper.

I have Audacity already installed, but I've never done that so I'd advise against putting the duty on me. 50% chance I'll screw something up.

1 Like