Bogus k10temp readings for Ryzen 5 2600?

Same output unfortunately:

sudo modprobe nct6775 
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nct6775': No such device

Brilliant - and that on a 4.18 kernel where it should be supported. :slightly_frowning_face:

Anyway unfortunately I’ve got to go now, we’ll take a look tomorrow again what it might be. :+1:

super late here

@catsay Since @George_Keough said Mint ships that module I’ll give it a go in the meantime to see if it’s the same there. Thanks

You can just check to see if the module is included in your version with…

modinfo nct6775

That will tell you if it is installed. We are using similar kernel versions so it should be. I found a lot of people having trouble getting it working while I was attempting to get mine working. I still haven’t decided if I’m daring enough to try to write a module for my chipset.

Running that gives:

modinfo nct6775
filename:       /lib/modules/4.18.0-13-generic/kernel/drivers/hwmon/nct6775.ko
license:        GPL
description:    Driver for NCT6775F and compatible chips
author:         Guenter Roeck <[email protected]>
srcversion:     0EEC5C46521FDEA9D4D6090
depends:        hwmon-vid
retpoline:      Y
intree:         Y
name:           nct6775
vermagic:       4.18.0-13-generic SMP mod_unload 
sig_id:         PKCS#7
signer:         
sig_key:        
sig_hashalgo:   md4
signature:      30:82:02:A5:06:09:2A:86:48:86:F7:0D:01:07:02:A0:82:02:96:30:
                82:02:92:02:01:01:31:0D:30:0B:06:09:60:86:48:01:65:03:04:02:
                03:30:0B:06:09:2A:86:48:86:F7:0D:01:07:01:31:82:02:6F:30:82:
                02:6B:02:01:01:30:46:30:2E:31:2C:30:2A:06:03:55:04:03:0C:23:
                42:75:69:6C:64:20:74:69:6D:65:20:61:75:74:6F:67:65:6E:65:72:
                61:74:65:64:20:6B:65:72:6E:65:6C:20:6B:65:79:02:14:40:71:35:
                68:4F:B5:09:52:A4:1C:79:66:D0:19:CB:22:FE:F8:0B:19:30:0B:06:
                09:60:86:48:01:65:03:04:02:03:30:0D:06:09:2A:86:48:86:F7:0D:
                01:01:01:05:00:04:82:02:00:74:BF:90:CB:C0:08:E5:6D:C0:B3:30:
                36:4C:B6:2C:0C:4B:9D:A0:6B:8C:20:13:A2:FD:08:E5:8C:68:A0:B1:
                23:FF:8E:5B:E2:68:2C:30:A7:5C:50:A0:85:16:AE:73:96:82:73:2F:
                8F:61:F6:EC:60:C5:38:5E:A6:E8:7D:DF:97:8A:0F:B0:FA:A9:11:C5:
                8C:66:6B:0F:06:6A:5F:E7:C6:2D:8A:09:A1:E7:BD:5C:B6:B2:84:FD:
                2D:9E:6B:EC:54:EA:EA:B9:25:03:F7:39:47:28:62:A5:21:DD:6C:EE:
                62:B7:E5:98:C4:2E:1A:3C:C3:84:B6:CA:BF:FC:5E:54:63:5A:95:2C:
                BC:66:CE:E6:8A:3E:5A:D8:C4:B2:67:2A:73:9C:F9:D7:D4:B7:BD:7A:
                75:94:DC:7F:A0:CD:B9:7E:51:89:06:FB:BE:71:67:DB:0B:3B:EB:65:
                18:B5:B7:A5:02:96:F2:6D:19:72:94:79:73:7F:80:07:67:78:BE:1D:
                78:CE:5B:66:44:E8:22:79:FC:CB:CF:C9:9B:41:E0:52:8B:F4:3D:FB:
                A7:44:1C:77:95:45:FB:CD:B0:6E:B1:AE:B5:0B:BC:FE:F7:1B:75:DD:
                5C:ED:F7:91:88:30:CF:A0:35:C0:AA:FC:91:81:80:23:A7:23:CE:53:
                97:74:20:B1:46:75:33:DF:EF:1F:07:3E:F7:A1:39:15:53:12:FF:9F:
                96:C0:BF:A7:C6:CF:7B:C6:3E:AA:6B:5B:A0:0E:4F:EC:BE:DD:53:45:
                B0:A4:48:31:66:FB:FC:5B:39:32:35:F5:12:3F:21:2B:42:DE:5B:79:
                48:39:DC:41:0B:B1:01:91:3D:23:FA:F1:A9:3D:0E:BB:75:CD:51:26:
                B6:0B:23:EA:EF:D6:27:51:03:F0:20:B1:21:D4:8E:F7:AB:38:73:DC:
                78:ED:E0:1A:06:14:B7:4A:5A:98:58:C5:67:30:9F:5D:71:C9:B1:54:
                1D:2C:4F:7A:0C:F3:01:19:BB:56:A5:B1:A6:64:0E:E1:AD:CB:1B:D5:
                6D:EB:30:C8:30:B6:65:D0:26:38:6F:69:3B:C9:7C:64:97:9D:DC:5A:
                3A:DF:D7:67:16:98:E2:DF:47:AE:55:12:65:E7:59:6F:8C:BD:0D:41:
                5B:0B:9E:EC:A5:7B:33:78:B2:03:3B:38:0F:9F:20:55:18:02:46:8A:
                B8:48:EE:6D:EC:74:E7:43:82:42:FF:74:4A:FC:A3:F3:06:2F:AC:44:
                C5:9F:D3:6E:47:40:CA:B9:A1:8D:3C:BA:76:D2:DC:F2:AC:BE:9A:1C:
                3F:EC:4A:6C:9B:CD:6D:1B:1B:F6:F5:00:E8:F8:2B:68:8E:6E:D1:67:
                5F
parm:           force_id:Override the detected device ID (ushort)
parm:           fan_debounce:Enable debouncing for fan RPM signal (ushort)

So I guess it is installed but modprobe cannot find it? :thinking:

Sounds like that is the case, have you tried to get just the script from the new lm-sensors. You get the same unknown address that I get.

I downloaded the latest version of lm-sensors from https://github.com/lm-sensors/lm-sensors and then followed the instructions in the Makefile. So I installed whatever dependencies were not installed and ran make all and then make install.

Then I tried sudo apt-cache policy lm-sensors and I get the same version as before ( 1:3.4.0-4). Also running sensors-detect --auto gives the same unknown chip as before. Tried rebooting, still the same. Do you maybe have a suggestion as to how to go futher from here? I also tried doing sensors-detect --auto in a live Mint session but it also did not recognize the chipset. :thinking:

Sorry, I’ve reached the end of my knowledge on this subject. The only other thing I can suggest is that you try and run the sensors-detect from the git download folder. For example I have a folder in my home directory:
~/git/
I run any git commands from there then go into the sub folders where you downloaded, go into /lm-sensors/prog/detect/
from there run:

sudo ./sensors-detect --auto

See if that gives you a different results. I don’t think it will, but look at the first line of output to at least be certain you are not using the 2015 version.

Now this is the first line # sensors-detect revision $Revision$ :sweat_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help. It definitely helped with narrowing down the issue.

That’s actually what I get with that script as well. I am hopeful you will find an answer. I am still trying to find enough information on the Super I/O chip on my motherboard to make any progress, although I’ve decided I don’t really care enough to worry about it.

If somebody is still following this, I add below the output of the installation of lm-sensors from the github page:

hunter@Hunter:~/Downloads/lm-sensors-master$ make clean
    rm -f lib/*.ld lib/*.ad
    rm -f lib/*.lo lib/*.ao
    rm -f lib/libsensors.so.5.0.0 lib/libsensors.so.5 lib/libsensors.so lib/libsensors.a lib/conf-parse.h lib/conf-parse.c lib/conf-lex.c
    rm -f lib/libsensors.so.*
    rm -f prog/sensors/*.rd prog/sensors/*.ro 
    rm -f prog/sensors/sensors
    rm -f prog/dump/*.rd prog/dump/*.ro prog/dump/isadump prog/dump/isaset
    rm -f lib/test/*.rd lib/test/*.ro 
    rm -f lib/test/test-scanner
    rm -f lm_sensors-* lex.backup
    hunter@Hunter:~/Downloads/lm-sensors-master$ make
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  prog/dump/superio.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/superio.rd prog/dump/superio.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/superio.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/dump/superio.rd
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  prog/dump/isaset.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/isaset.rd prog/dump/isaset.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/isaset.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/dump/isaset.rd
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  prog/dump/isadump.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/isadump.rd prog/dump/isadump.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/isadump.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/dump/isadump.rd
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  prog/dump/util.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/util.rd prog/dump/util.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/util.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/dump/util.rd
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  prog/sensors/chips.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/sensors/chips.rd prog/sensors/chips.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/sensors/chips.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/sensors/chips.rd
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  prog/sensors/main.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/sensors/main.rd prog/sensors/main.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/sensors/main.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/sensors/main.rd
    /usr/bin/bison
    bison -p sensors_yy -d lib/conf-parse.y -o lib/conf-parse.c
    /usr/bin/flex
    flex -Psensors_yy -t -Cfe -8 lib/conf-lex.l > lib/conf-lex.c
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/conf-lex.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/conf-lex.ad lib/conf-lex.ao: Makefile '`dirname lib/conf-lex.ad`/Module.mk' @' > lib/conf-lex.ad
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/conf-parse.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/conf-parse.ad lib/conf-parse.ao: Makefile '`dirname lib/conf-parse.ad`/Module.mk' @' > lib/conf-parse.ad
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/sysfs.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/sysfs.ad lib/sysfs.ao: Makefile '`dirname lib/sysfs.ad`/Module.mk' @' > lib/sysfs.ad
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/init.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/init.ad lib/init.ao: Makefile '`dirname lib/init.ad`/Module.mk' @' > lib/init.ad
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/access.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/access.ad lib/access.ao: Makefile '`dirname lib/access.ad`/Module.mk' @' > lib/access.ad
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/error.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/error.ad lib/error.ao: Makefile '`dirname lib/error.ad`/Module.mk' @' > lib/error.ad
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/general.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/general.ad lib/general.ao: Makefile '`dirname lib/general.ad`/Module.mk' @' > lib/general.ad
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/data.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/data.ad lib/data.ao: Makefile '`dirname lib/data.ad`/Module.mk' @' > lib/data.ad
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/conf-lex.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/conf-lex.ld lib/conf-lex.lo: Makefile '`dirname lib/conf-lex.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/conf-lex.ld
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/conf-parse.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/conf-parse.ld lib/conf-parse.lo: Makefile '`dirname lib/conf-parse.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/conf-parse.ld
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/sysfs.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/sysfs.ld lib/sysfs.lo: Makefile '`dirname lib/sysfs.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/sysfs.ld
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/init.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/init.ld lib/init.lo: Makefile '`dirname lib/init.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/init.ld
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/access.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/access.ld lib/access.lo: Makefile '`dirname lib/access.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/access.ld
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/error.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/error.ld lib/error.lo: Makefile '`dirname lib/error.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/error.ld
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/general.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/general.ld lib/general.lo: Makefile '`dirname lib/general.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/general.ld
    gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/data.c | \
    sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/data.ld lib/data.lo: Makefile '`dirname lib/data.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/data.ld
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/data.c -o lib/data.lo
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/general.c -o lib/general.lo
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/error.c -o lib/error.lo
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/access.c -o lib/access.lo
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/init.c -o lib/init.lo
    In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:25,
                    from lib/init.c:25:
    /usr/include/features.h:184:3: warning: #warning "_BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use _DEFAULT_SOURCE" [-Wcpp]
    # warning "_BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use _DEFAULT_SOURCE"
    ^~~~~~~
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/sysfs.c -o lib/sysfs.lo
    lib/sysfs.c: In function ‘find_bus_type’:
    lib/sysfs.c:637:8: warning: ‘/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-’ directive output may be truncated writing 23 bytes into a region of size between 1 and 255 [-Wformat-truncation=]
        "%s/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-%d/device",
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    lib/sysfs.c:637:5: note: directive argument in the range [-32768, 32767]
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:873,
                    from lib/sensors.h:25,
                    from lib/data.h:25,
                    from lib/sysfs.c:34:
    /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:67:10: note: ‘__builtin___snprintf_chk’ output between 32 and 291 bytes into a destination of size 255
    return __builtin___snprintf_chk (__s, __n, __USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL - 1,
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            __bos (__s), __fmt, __va_arg_pack ());
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    lib/sysfs.c: In function ‘sensors_read_dynamic_chip’:
    lib/sysfs.c:408:31: warning: ‘%s’ directive output may be truncated writing up to 255 bytes into a region of size 254 [-Wformat-truncation=]
    snprintf(path, NAME_MAX, "%s/%s", device, attr);
                                ^~
    /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:67:10: note: ‘__builtin___snprintf_chk’ output 2 or more bytes (assuming 257) into a destination of size 255
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -Wno-undef -c lib/conf-parse.c -o lib/conf-parse.lo
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -Wno-shadow -Wno-undef -Wno-unused -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-sign-compare -c lib/conf-lex.c -o lib/conf-lex.lo
    gcc -shared  -Wl,--version-script=lib/libsensors.map -Wl,-soname,libsensors.so.5 -o lib/libsensors.so.5.0.0 lib/data.lo lib/general.lo lib/error.lo lib/access.lo lib/init.lo lib/sysfs.lo lib/conf-parse.lo lib/conf-lex.lo -lc -lm
    rm -f lib/libsensors.so.5
    ln -sf libsensors.so.5.0.0 lib/libsensors.so.5
    rm -f lib/libsensors.so 
    ln -sf libsensors.so.5.0.0 lib/libsensors.so
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/data.c -o lib/data.ao
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/general.c -o lib/general.ao
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/error.c -o lib/error.ao
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/access.c -o lib/access.ao
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/init.c -o lib/init.ao
    In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:25,
                    from lib/init.c:25:
    /usr/include/features.h:184:3: warning: #warning "_BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use _DEFAULT_SOURCE" [-Wcpp]
    # warning "_BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use _DEFAULT_SOURCE"
    ^~~~~~~
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/sysfs.c -o lib/sysfs.ao
    lib/sysfs.c: In function ‘find_bus_type’:
    lib/sysfs.c:637:8: warning: ‘/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-’ directive output may be truncated writing 23 bytes into a region of size between 1 and 255 [-Wformat-truncation=]
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    lib/sysfs.c:637:5: note: directive argument in the range [-32768, 32767]
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:67:10: note: ‘__builtin___snprintf_chk’ output between 32 and 291 bytes into a destination of size 255
    lib/sysfs.c: In function ‘sensors_read_dynamic_chip’:
    lib/sysfs.c:408:31: warning: ‘%s’ directive output may be truncated writing up to 255 bytes into a region of size 254 [-Wformat-truncation=]
    snprintf(path, NAME_MAX, "%s/%s", device, attr);
                                ^~
    /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:67:10: note: ‘__builtin___snprintf_chk’ output 2 or more bytes (assuming 257) into a destination of size 255
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -Wno-undef -c lib/conf-parse.c -o lib/conf-parse.ao
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -Wno-shadow -Wno-undef -Wno-unused -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-sign-compare -c lib/conf-lex.c -o lib/conf-lex.ao
    rm -f lib/libsensors.a
    ar rcvs lib/libsensors.a lib/data.ao lib/general.ao lib/error.ao lib/access.ao lib/init.ao lib/sysfs.ao lib/conf-parse.ao lib/conf-lex.ao
    a - lib/data.ao
    a - lib/general.ao
    a - lib/error.ao
    a - lib/access.ao
    a - lib/init.ao
    a - lib/sysfs.ao
    a - lib/conf-parse.ao
    a - lib/conf-lex.ao
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c prog/sensors/main.c -o prog/sensors/main.ro
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c prog/sensors/chips.c -o prog/sensors/chips.ro
    gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o prog/sensors/sensors prog/sensors/main.ro prog/sensors/chips.ro  -Llib -lsensors
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c prog/dump/isadump.c -o prog/dump/isadump.ro
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c prog/dump/superio.c -o prog/dump/superio.ro
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c prog/dump/util.c -o prog/dump/util.ro
    gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o prog/dump/isadump prog/dump/isadump.ro prog/dump/superio.ro prog/dump/util.ro
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c prog/dump/isaset.c -o prog/dump/isaset.ro
    gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o prog/dump/isaset prog/dump/isaset.ro prog/dump/util.ro
    gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/test/test-scanner.c -o lib/test/test-scanner.ro
    gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o lib/test/test-scanner lib/test/test-scanner.ro lib/conf-lex.ao lib/error.ao lib/general.ao -Llib
    hunter@Hunter:~/Downloads/lm-sensors-master$ sudo make install
    mkdir -p /usr/local/lib /usr/local/include/sensors /usr/local/man/man3 /usr/local/man/man5
    ******************************************************************************
    Warning: This is the first installation of the libsensors.so.5*
            library files in /usr/local/lib!
            You must update the library cache or the userspace tools may fail
            or have unpredictable results!
            Run the following command: /sbin/ldconfig
    ******************************************************************************
    install -m 644 lib/libsensors.a /usr/local/lib
    install -m 755 lib/libsensors.so.5.0.0 /usr/local/lib
    ln -sf libsensors.so.5.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libsensors.so.5
    ln -sf libsensors.so.5 /usr/local/lib/libsensors.so
    install -m 644 lib/error.h lib/sensors.h /usr/local/include/sensors
    install -m 644 lib/libsensors.3 /usr/local/man/man3
    install -m 644 lib/sensors.conf.5 /usr/local/man/man5
    ln -sf sensors.conf.5 /usr/local/man/man5/sensors3.conf.5
    mkdir -p /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/man/man8
    install -m 755 prog/detect/sensors-detect /usr/local/sbin
    install -m 644 prog/detect/sensors-detect.8 /usr/local/man/man8
    install -m 755 prog/pwm/fancontrol prog/pwm/pwmconfig /usr/local/sbin
    install -m 644 prog/pwm/fancontrol.8 prog/pwm/pwmconfig.8 /usr/local/man/man8
    mkdir -p /usr/local/bin /usr/local/man/man1
    install -m 755 prog/sensors/sensors /usr/local/bin
    install -m 644 prog/sensors/sensors.1 /usr/local/man/man1
    mkdir -p /etc /etc/sensors.d
    if [ ! -e /etc/sensors3.conf ] ; then \
    install -m 644 etc/sensors.conf.default /etc/sensors3.conf ; \
    fi
    mkdir -p /usr/local/bin
    install -m 755 etc/sensors-conf-convert /usr/local/bin
    if [ -e /etc/modprobe.d/lm_sensors \
        -a ! -e /etc/modprobe.d/lm_sensors.conf ] ; then \
    mv -f /etc/modprobe.d/lm_sensors /etc/modprobe.d/lm_sensors.conf ; \
    fi
    mkdir -p /usr/local/man/man8
    install -m 644 etc/sensors-conf-convert.8 /usr/local/man/man8
    install -m 755 prog/dump/isadump prog/dump/isaset /usr/local/sbin
    install -m 644 prog/dump/isadump.8 prog/dump/isaset.8 /usr/local/man/man8
    *** Important notes:
    ***  * The libsensors configuration file (/etc/sensors3.conf) is never
    ***    overwritten by our installation process, so that you won't lose
    ***    your personal settings in that file. You still can get our latest
    ***    default config file in etc/sensors.conf.default and manually copy
    ***    it to /etc/sensors3.conf if you want. You will then want to
    ***    edit it to fit your needs again.
    ***  * The format of /etc/sensors3.conf changed with lm-sensors 3.0.0.
    ***    If you have a custom configuration file using the old format, you
    ***    can convert it using the sensors-conf-convert script. Otherwise just
    ***    overwrite your old configuration file with the new default one.
    ***  * As of lm-sensors 3.1.0, the default configuration file only
    ***    contains statements which do not depend on how chips are wired.
    ***    If you miss parts of the bigger configuration file that used to be
    ***    the default, copy the relevant parts from etc/sensors.conf.eg to
    ***    /etc/sensors3.conf.

Hopefully somebody will be able to make sense out of that

Did you enable acpi_enforce_resources=lax for GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in the grub config?

At least with the MSI boards they are using Nuvoton Super I/O chips that are somewhat supported. Most of the X370, B350, X470 and B450 boards from GigaByte use ITE Super i/o chips that required an experimental module that the developer pulled from GitHub last summer because he was tired of not getting any support to have it mainlined.

I’ve had to use a similar process on my GigaByte Boards to get lm-sensors working.

1. Get Kernel Module working and loading properly.
  2. Then you may have to get the latest version of lm-sensors from GitHub but it’s not a bad idea to pull it anyway as there are many /etc/sensors.d config files in it for more recent boards that you can use as a template if your not exact board is there.
  3. You may have to play around a bit with the sensors config file to find the right scaling commands for the voltages and figure out which voltages are mapped to which sensor by looking at similar configs from the same vendor and bouncing back and forth between the BIOS and Linux to try things out.
    Having HWinfo running on Windows in dual-boot can also be useful as they appear to have access under NDA to the data sheets and from there you can sometimes get a feel for the scaling used for the voltages and thermistors.