Boardroom A/V Setup

Hey guys. I’ve been asked by an older family friend to get his boardroom sorted for conferencing. He has recently received a NEC UM301W and he wants to wire speakers, a mic and a camera to the setup.

I’m looking for recommendations for microphone/s and speakers that won’t break the bank, as well as any tips or tutorials I should look at since this specific kind of thing is new to me. If you know of any pitfalls I should lookout for as well I’d appreciate it. In case it matters I’m in Southern Africa, so you can gauge pricing and availability.

How big is the room? How many people would be seated in it? How would they be seated?

@khaudio

If I had to set up something like this:

• Powered monitor speakers
  • Interface (which can then also handle the mic)
  • conference mic or dynamic mic

For example:

Thing Price Note
Presonus Eris E3.5 ~$100 They have an Aux-in on the front that disables the rear inputs
Rode AI-1 $130 because less knobs to confuse
Tascam TM-95GN $100 I think this has a cable included, else you need to get an XLR cable too
2x 6.3 TRS to TRS ~$10 Interface to speakers. Other cables you may need are included with the E3.5’s
Total ~$340 Could shave of some by getting cheaper components

Depending on software you’re using for conferencing you’ll want to choose from hardware on the list of your preferred software manufacturer, e.g.

Except for main display/speakers… where you can usually just get e.g. a pair of 85" or similar samsungs and some small genelecs installed on the side (benefits from economies of scale)

Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I’ve been thinking about doing, was just a little lost on the hardware front. Do you have any recommendations for a decent camera? I’m thinking of mounting one just below the projector and was looking at wide angle webcams but I’m not sure if that’s the best option.

I’ll try and add a few pics and measurements to the original post when I can, but it may be a day or 2. Work has been hectic so I haven’t been able to go past since I made the first post.

This is great stuff, but unfortunately outside of my uncle’s budget. Are there any sites that cover how to build this up from of the shelf equipment? If not then maybe I should try to, then document the experience. It’ll suck though, but at least it’ll be honest and may help someone down the line.

Can’t help you on the visual front, sorry.

What’s the software your uncle wants to use, and what’s the acceptable budget?