Bluray

Im waiting for the day they start using one use flash drives or something

cant see the next iteration being on physical media tbh

optical media is dead, I bet it wont be in a physical form

Already exists in the software DRM scene. Ever heard of iLok? fucking satanic.

A sad truth. I still like the idea of physical collections. Whenever I can I like to buy my games on physical disc, same for movies, music, and so forth. I like having a shelf of stuff.
I don't think physical media will ever go away entirely, but it definitely will become more niche. You can still find artists producing their music for Vinyl and tape. There are small homegrown studios that release their games in faux NES cartridges and floppy discs - like I said, it probably won't go away, but it will definitely become more niche.

Agreed, I like physical films, especially box sets etc... cds, games not really prefer digital convinience

We don't need that. There are different types of Blu-ray disks.
This is the first format we have now

• Single Layer = 25GB
  • Double Layer = 50GB - These are the most common.

This will be the new format for 4K-Blurays

• Double Layer = 66GB - Density per layer is increased to 33GB
  • Triple Layer = 100GB

I know that there have been experimental Bluray disks made that had capacity of 200GB, 400GB and 1TB

I was planing to get an blu-ray drive to import blu-rays of movies I cant get in the UK, cant of glad i waited but really why is their DRM on to pop of the fact that most blu-ray players have DRM built in same goes for the ps3 and ps4.

When you buy bluray ? You screw yourself. Looks good tho?

Couldn't find any good ones when I bought my bluray drive. Thought I was stuck with the included Cyberlink suite but then I just ripped them with MakeMKV and then used Handbrake for converting them into smaller files. I like the higher resolution but this process is very time-consuming (especially with only an i3).

Vlc with an addon https://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html[https://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html]

1 Like

I use anydvd (real time decoding of DVD and blu-rays) and MPC-HC for playback.