Blur On The Monitor?

My friend's Monitor is doing a blur effect on everything he does from watching a video to playing a game. I don't really know what this is called but I think I know what he's dealing with because I used to the same shit on the crappy computers at my school. Do anyone know what this is and how we can fix this. I don't think it's his monitor because he used the same monitor from his old computer to his new one.


This might be ghosting? I don't really know what that is but It does have that kind of effect.

Could be. What's the exact model?

I'm assuming he runs the monitor at its native resolution.