Blue screen issue with upgraded hardware [SOLVED]

Hello

I recently replaced my CPU, motherboard, and storage. (i7 4790k, maximums VI gene z87 with bios v. 1603, crucial mx100)

Installation of windows 7 had issues. It said "windows setup could not configure windows to install on your computer's hardware." I forced it to complete and now I'm having blue screen issues after installing the drivers on the Asus suite CD.

Code: 0x00000001E

Any ideas?

I have to go to work soon, but I can go into further detail when I'm off.

Thanks again guys.

Mostly likely cause of this issue is defective or mismatched
RAM (Random Access Memory). See if the problem exists with combinations
as you swap it in and out.
Method 1: Run Memory Diagnostics test to check for any memory problems. Refer the below mentioned link for the same.
Diagnosing memory problems on your computer
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer
Method 2: Update the chipset, video card,
display and network adapter drivers to the latest by visiting the
computer manufacturer’s website.
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
Update drivers: recommended links
Refer the below mentioned link for more information.
Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7
Also refer:
Startup Repair: frequently asked questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Startup-Repair-frequently-asked-questions

I will try swapping around ram and downloading the latest drivers, but it's strange. The ram was working perfectly fine in my old setup. The blue screens are happening after the drivers are installed from the cd, so that might be the culprit.

I just wanted to ask this, because I was wondering if the z87 board, mixed with a devils canyon was also an issue. Which it shouldn't since it's flashed already.

1 Like

yeah cause if that doesn't work out... R.I.P ahhha good luck

[Solved]

In case anyone else has this issue, it ended up being the chipset driver that was the issue.

Up and running perfectly now.

Thanks guys!