Blood Dragon Giveaway [closed]

It would be a pirate ship simulator/FPS combat MMO with very little RPG elements. This would be a very complicated game to develop.

The setting would be the Carribean cca. 1700, with a lot of islands and a few pirate safezone islands. Ships in this game would be the guilds. The players would be the crew. To obtain money, the Ship(guild) would have to organise attacks on enemy merchant ships (British, Spanish etc.) This would be the game's equivalent of raids. If enough ships(guilds) could be organised, they could together take on a fort and capture an island from the colonial powers.

The Captain(guild master) would control the ship like in games such as Sea Dogs, Age Of Pirates and so on. The ship itself would not have special abilities like in MMOs, instead, the crew would have to operate the canons, and hitting the enemy ship would require skill on their part. The captain would be able to yell "Fire", but it would be up to the crew to follow orders - (maybe even add a little attack bonus if the crew fires when the captain commands)

Maybe make it possible for every player to have a number of companions, so they can do the stuff the human players would find boring (like cleaning the deck, cooking, carring gunpowder etc.) So a guild would consist of, say, 20 players and each of those players would have 5 companions - so that's around 120 people on a boat. These companions would do stuff automatically even if you're offline, kinda like companions in The Old Republic.

Boarding would also be a big part of the game. The combat would be primarily first person(this is just my personal preferance, third person is also fine I guess) and would be like Chivalry and/or Skyrim but with muskets. A volley of musket fire would have similar mechanics as the cannon combat. When the captain yells "Fire", the player would have to shoot in a small timeframe to get that damage bonus. As the captain levels up, this time frame would increase. 

I mention earlier that there would be no abilities for ships in the traditional sense. Ships wouldn't be able to "level up". A much greater emphasis would be placed on upgrading your ship and ship classes. This is exactly like Mech Warrior, where you have Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault mechs and each one has a specific role to fulfil and a set of pros and cons.  Similar in this MMO pirate game, Bigger ships would be very powerfull, but would require a huge crew to maintain. 

If you've played MechWarrior online, then you know that there are no +5 Lazers in it. Every medium laser is the same. Same with this game, there would be no +10 frost damage cannons, only different sized ones.

Now the real challenge in developing this game would be to streamline the process for the new players and to make it easy for captains(guildmasters) to manage the whole thing. I don't want this to be another EVE online. 

So, a lot of Raids and PVP. The game would be made so that you could play with 3 friend and still have a good time - small ships like Sloops, Tartanes or Luggers. But the best part would be huge 2 vs 2 battles with something up to 128 people involved.

Respans would work like this: Remember those companions I mentioned? The would count into the total number of crew the ship has. This total number would effectively represent the number of lives the guild(ship) has. (Kinda like Heroes and Generals, the free MMOFPS/Strategy) Maybe add surgeons(medics) in the mix that can "revive" dead players. 

All of these actions would be acompanied with very nice first person animations like the ones from Far Cry 2 and 3. Realism isn't the goal here, merely an illusion of it. And since I have an unlimited budged, I would hire a bunch of animators to release new animations with every patch so that they don't become boring. 

Also, hats. Lots of 'em.

Do I get Blood Dragon now?

My strong love for the Star Wars Battlefront series would make me say that I would make a good Battlefront 3. But that would be lazy.

I love FPS games, and if I could I'd make an FPS with all aspects of combat from different eras.

Imagine being a US Marine in todays times taking on a foreign threat with Abrams tanks and other IFVs beside you while Ospreys, Super Stallions, and Harriers fly above you. Now imagine being a German footsoldier back in WWII while Tiger tanks and other Panzers cruise next to you in France. Whilst the dreaded Messerschmitt 262 and friendly Messerschmitt 109s and Focke Wulfs take on American P-51s, P-47s, and P-38s in the distance. A fully integrated FPS that incorporates all aspects of battle from the many conflicts of man. Would go as far as going to the Crusade times and before, seige towers and archers. This is my dream game.

Yes I have been working on this for a few months on and off - dedicating some serious time to it now.  No one seems to ever write stuff from the German perspective, so i figured I would.  i play around in Manjaro linux a bit so I want it to be truly cross platform between Win and Linux.

I figured that we also need some FPS games that are not just 5 hours of cheap crap (AKA COD) and then a focus on multiplayer - this will be between 40 - 60 hours with plans for an expac already on the drawing board.

Glad to hear you like the idea!

If I had unlimited resources I would game the game of life, what I mean by that is every single clock toon on the planet evey single perosn would be generated and you could go any where on the planet, in any shop, cavem forest, hole what ever. All the things we have going on like oil drilling, wars p, robberis, murder, rocket launches events all would be going the jn the game world. The entire planet would open for you to do what ever you want. Cather people can join, thiwho would let millions joiN And you could what ever you want In this game. You will even be able to go to outer space or other planets/moons, the ai Would be doing iso own thing like electing leaders, fighting, buying things ect. It would also have other most realistic visuals of any game and the weathee would be just like that we have here in real life, you would neetoo account for all those little variables like when it's winter and its snowing it would lower fthe temp even further because the snow Ida reflecNing the light instead if absorbing it. Maybe you will have vulcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tornadoes all the things we have in real life and then the ai would do news stories and people would be shocked it happe d or what ever people feel in feel in real life and that would then have an affect on the economy. Terrorist attacks could happen and then that would make the government spy on you and then people would reveal the information and then the governemnt would haunt down the whistle blower. Now with unlimited resources meaning, man power, computational resources, storage, and time I would make this game.

Comepletely open world game of the whole world. GTA SA but better. And with better then Crysis graphics. I've been thinking about this since I was about 6 or 7.

An online world version of Shenmue, where everyone does jobs buys houses hangs out in shaddy arcades and gets into fights over the toy machines, and yes I'm being serious!!!

It would be a decent mech game/mmo

Somewere along the lines of zoids or gundam, possibly just spaceships.

And i mean a GOOD one. There are plenty of these style out there and none exactly reach my expectations

Imagine..world of tanks, but with zoids/gundams!?

But waaay more technical things like StarConflict.

Have so much customization of your mech you almost never run into the same style/loadout mech twice.

Not just look wise. but the loadout. for example....

Dont make it to where one Mech can use only 3 different guns...and if you want a ''sniper mech'' your limited to 3 mechs...

Make it more broad to where...You can pay a good amount of in game credits to modify the mech to be able to carry such a weapon. And whether or not that make turns out to be good or bad at it, rely on its onther attributes. like stance, weight, counterbalencing system etc.

This leaves things like a ''sniper mech'' in a tournament to be beaten by a ''tank style'' mech and the whole team in shock.

Something about maybe the heavy mech and wide stance made it ideal for a sniper..even though it said nowhere in the recommended or in description that it could even snipe.

I think this would totally draw in a huge community and create a world of individuality. I would go more in depth but im sure your tired of reading already

Crossplatform MMO,

Naturally it would be dominated by PC users but, I would love something I could grind and play with friends regardless of the platform...

I think the biggest restriction to this are sony and microsoft but, if I could make a game that would be it :D

Pokemon MMO...... nuff said

Crossplatform FPS

Name: The Legend of ANZAC

and base the game realistically off of the military engagements the ANZAC were put into it would have to be immersive with attention to detail but not the massive amount of controls in other military games like ARMA

I want this game to show accurately the affect of war and bat off the glorification from games such as call of duty.

The biggest restriction will be that of hardware in my mind I wouldn't care if the game took 5 years I would still make it.

half

life

For me it would be spore done right with a healthy handfull of steroids with 3 different rtses shoved down its ass.

I would basically keep the first bit like Sporealbit some improvements, plus I would make it longer. I would add some improvements yatata. Then for the Tribal stage (I would make it flow smoothly too it) I would have it as a Civ/Total war/Company of heros hybrid where you play in first person and slowly build up your tribe till it transitions to Civilzation stage. This part would be mostly total war/Civ hybrid but in the battles and other stuff I would add a first person aspect maybe even mmo where you could play your leader/general and add things to do. In this phase you would tech until you started space exploration, you would start in your solar system colonizing it, having some Gundam seed like wars, first person space combat with a little eve mixed in. Now as your ships get faster you can move on to other solar systems and expand. This would where it would go into the late game and maybe even make it MMO so you have stuff to do.

Thats about my take on it, dam logan now I want to play a game like that ;_;

For me it would be spore done right with a healthy handfull of steroids with 3 different rtses shoved down its ass.

I would basically keep the first bit like Sporealbit some improvements, plus I would make it longer. I would add some improvements yatata. Then for the Tribal stage (I would make it flow smoothly too it) I would have it as a Civ/Total war/Company of heros hybrid where you play in first person and slowly build up your tribe till it transitions to Civilzation stage. This part would be mostly total war/Civ hybrid but in the battles and other stuff I would add a first person aspect maybe even mmo where you could play your leader/general and add things to do. In this phase you would tech until you started space exploration, you would start in your solar system colonizing it, having some Gundam seed like wars, first person space combat with a little eve mixed in. Now as your ships get faster you can move on to other solar systems and expand. This would where it would go into the late game and maybe even make it MMO so you have stuff to do.

Thats about my take on it, dam logan now I want to play a game like that ;_;

Well... it would be a survival game (think minecraft) but instead of blocks everything is made up of particles and say trying to dig dirt would as realistic as possible with each particle being a grandual of dirt. and it would be constantly updated but to access those features you have to progress, like you start in the stone age and as you play you would be able to get to highter tiers like bronze and stuff... I like the idea that eventually i could step back and have it update itself therefor making a game with no end. but when you die it's over you have to start again. 

I don't need Blood Dragon but I still want to answer the question. I would get a LOTR license, gather a group of very excited Tolkien fans and do what MERP attempted to make.

The game I would make would be set in a world where there are bascially no plants, and animals have been corrupted. We depend on machines and magic exist. Only certain people can use magic, others who try to use magic turn into undead or evil beings. You can only get magic by various crystals spread out underground and in mountains.Some may be guarded others could just be waiting for you.You would want to go and find these crystals so you can get magic and slowly help others restore the world to its previous glory.

I would want the art to be very dark and steam punky until you got closer to some crystals and it would gain more colors and life I guess then return to darkness and steam punky once you reach the crystal. The more crystals you collected the more life would return to the world

Gameplay I havent decided on yet. I was thinking a 3D 2D platformer like Trine , but with much more combat/quick time events like God of War..also multiple weapons and magic, even guns and exploration like Metroid or Castlevania. With skills trees and all that RPG goodness you'd expect. If the map was always random that'd be cool too. Or maybe something like Fallout 3 or an MMO like I said not sure. But it would probably be an RPG..

I would create a community generated MMORPG zombie survival game. It would be free to play. Players would be able to quality for creating their own content in the game through free registration on a website which would track all content in the game. With downloadable software players could use to build stuff. (tutorials included) Imagine a zombie world online game where users could be given a plot of land or a group of friends given a business location and then a set amount of attributes which would allow them to build their own homes or business using an asset library of items: walls, objects, furniture etc. and when they complete this they could submit it for review to be accepted into the game. Like a blend of the Sims and Red Faction where you can also repair and build stuff in the game.

It would be one huge open world, an actual globe. You could walk, run, bike ride, drive, fly, go diving...etc. based on 12 or 24 hour night/day system. 1 large server to run it all for everyone everywhere. :D lol

The game world would have dynamic lighting and you could literally build your locations in the game, make trenches, build structures etc. you would need to gather resources and find vehicles to haul stuff. The game would be centered around trying to survive and having fun either constantly on the move or invest your time in a heavy fort. Various kinds of zombies.

Users could create asset libraries to submit for the community to use following a standard guide for making them: poly count, texture size, no IP violation or pirating etc. they would be held accountable during registration to make sure the content they submit is legit.

A team of artists and developers would filter everything making sure it is optimized for use in the game and meets the standards. Users get 3 strikes rule (or some kind of meter) to make sure they follow the rules. When submitting there would be different categories for realism and seriousness of content in the package. The game would make money similar to how Warframe makes money. [Players could buy slots for items etc. or learn to use things in the game like handling medications, or using weapons etc.] Stuff like this would be figured out during beta testing. Players could also earn slots etc. in the game by creating stuff for the game. Or even farming resources and tracked through a method to reward the player with credits in the game from them helping others. Like an in game currency to pay for the game itself in the game itself. Earn by playing. This feeds the community for people who can’t afford to pay real money or have no means of doing so for the game but want all the benefits. Time is money, so players should be rewarded for their time spent playing helping others in the game.

Multiply this by the number of qualified users for categories to create their locations in the game and you can create a huge world which would feel completely random to everyone playing it because the mass amount of users created all the game world levels. It would be sandbox PvE but with some PvP though with heavy limitations, like if you wanted to kill another player you would have to shoot them 10 times in the head etc. unlike Dayz. The difficulty would be insane and resources would have beneficial motivations for players to stick together and help each other. Example: 1 bullet would do 20x more damage to a zombie than a human player etc.

For example because it would be a world globe you could have slots for your characters and spawn in different countries etc. You could have a character on the other side of the planet and one the opposite side. Platinum would be a way to pay for slots, everything you can get in the game without the use of platinum, but with the option to buy it if you want. Unlike Warframes ridiculous prices it would be really cheap to buy though. Or earn through a help system in-game.

You’d also be able to trade some of your computing power on your pc to trade for ingame stuff so the game could process on external computers of users in exchange for ingame stuff so everyone wins and is happy.

I would make the actual video game of .Hack a reality utilizing the Oculus Rift and Leap Motion technologies.

My game idea is set in a major metropolis, that upon every new game, will be a totally new generated map. Including high-rises and skywalks. The city is bleak, desolate, and no one resides there. So assume that the city has been evacuated.

It will be a first person shooter survival horror game.

The objective is to transverse the city and reach an extraction point. There isn't a back-story that I have imagined, yet...

You will encounter squads of troops trying to kill you, you will also have to contend with an alien infestation. It gives a lot of variation to the types of combat you may encounter. The aliens are not particularly advanced, only animalistic. Think Dead Space.

The game would be totally unscripted. You would never know what lay around the corner. Destructable environments. Enemies will try to ambush you in advantagous locations E.G a skywalk.

In the given example, you might try to jump to safety, risking a leap of faith, a car roof might be sufficient to break your fall. Aliens might appear at the scene and draw the attention of the ambushing troops, or kill them. You might burst through a window and grapple an abseiling enemy and swing to safety.

There will be multiple routes across the city. I really want to push the environmental damage and interaction to give the game a lot of depth and few boundaries. The player should be able to think of any possible solution to any problem, to meet any threat, and execute that solution. So the player would have to be very decisive, hesitation can get you killed. You see an opportunity and take that chance, to get out of any kind of situation. You would really need that survival instinct to keep going. Pulling grenade pins on enemy soldiers and pushing them towards there squad before diving down a stairwell. Whatever it takes!