Black Screen on Boot Up. 46-second silent video on the issue linked

I just installed the free version of Windows 10 and everything ran smoothly. I connected to the wifi wirelessly but forgot to install mobo drivers and drivers for a GTX 960 I plan on using if I can figure this stuff out because I definitely don’t wanna buy a pre-built computer. on the blue ssd there it’s on the right side (I know i didn’t show it connected it’s the 1 SATA cord connected. This mobo is the Z170 GT7.

Here’s a simple 46-second video of the issue. The fan starts with hesitation, it spins for a split second, then pauses, then goes spinning again until a few seconds then it restarts and does it again. I checked if anything was interfering like metal contact of 2 surfaces, the mobo and something ells such as an eye-glass screw driver half on the board while I was booting it up a few times over by the top right by the ram slots touching the PCB mobo surface. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9MadjzNDcU

Have a very good day and thank you for any advice very much appreciated

Sorry what is your question?

Do you want general troubleshooting advice or a specific guide for recovering your system?

If the latter start by stripping everything out of your system, put the motherboard on a cardboard box. Remove the battery for 30 seconds.

Plug in power and the front panel, and try booting it. See what it says on screen.

1 Like

What CPU is under there?

What does the debug code readout say? I think it says 55, which if I’m correct indicates memory failure, according to me research.

So, given that, try playing around with different configurations. Only DIMM A, Only DIMM B, DIMM A and B installed on channel A, etc… Just see if something works.

It may also just need reseating.

1 Like

The cpu is one of the lowest end dual cores for the lga 1151 socket nothing impressive, no i3, i5, i7s. I wasn’t aware that big digital number in red was an error code.

Also here is a screenshot of the manual section where the code 55 should be displayed or 22 at least. Also putting it on 2 sheets of cardboard didn’t do anything. I tried booting onto a lga 1150 board with the same psu, same ssd, different ram and cpu

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.